III. Semper

--

Hermione's POV

        The feast was already finished. Again, McGonagall asked attention.

        "I just want to congratulate Ms. Hermione Granger and Mr. Draco Malfoy for being this year's headboy and girl. If you have questions, don't be shy to ask them. The feast is over, you may go now to your common rooms. The first day of regular classes is tomorrow." McGonagall said.

        I felt like all students are looking at me and Malfoy. I also saw Ginny, Harry and Ron looking at me with furrowed eyebrows.

        "Okay guys. Let me explain. I don't really know that he's the headboy. I knew it only this afternoon when McGonagall talked to us and I can't say no to McGonagall because it's my dream." I explained.

        "It's fine with me, I guess?" Ginny said.

        "Me too. As long as you won't be hurt." Ron said.

        "Also, we're having a.. common room." I said with an unexplained expresion on my face.

        "What?" The three said in unison.

        "Yes, but don't worry. I can take care of myself." I muttered quickly, trying to stop the flood of words that will be searching for my ears.

        "It's alright with us Hermione. Just tell us if Malfoy is doing anything to you." Harry said.

        I nodded.

        "Then you're not coming with us in the common room?" Ron said.

        "Yes." I said and bit my lip. I saw McGonagall looking at me. Malfoy is looking at me too beside her.

        "I gotta go now. I need to talk to Professor McGonagall. See you tomorrow. Bye!" I said while waving my hand. I headed to the front of the Great Hall where McGonagall and Malfoy are standing.

        "Ms. Granger and Mr. Malfoy, come with me. I'll show you the Head's Common Room." McGonagall said while walking slowly out of the Great Hall and we walked after her.

        We reached the 7th floor near the Room of Requirement and saw a portrait of Professor Snape.

        "Hi Severus." McGonagall greeted.

        "Hi Minerva, so Ms. Granger and Mr. Malfoy are the headboy and girl. Excellent choice Minerva." Snape said.

        "Thankyou."

        "What's the password?"

        "Semper." McGonagall said and the portrait swung open.

        "It means FOREVER. Go inside, see your place and make yourself at home. I'll go now." McGonagall said. She turned around to go to her office.

        I entered first before Malfoy entered and closed the portrait. I continued walking until I reached the common room. Then, my jaw dropped. It was luxurious and beautiful. It was high ceilinged and huge. It has two tall oak bookshelves. In between was a fireplace. In the middle of the room near the fireplace there are two silver sofas facing opposite each and a love seat facing the fireplace. There was also a coffee table in the center and lamps beside the love seat. The whole room was carpeted Red. There were also three doors. I headed to the right and opened the door. It is locked.

        "Alohomora." I said. I turned the knob and saw a gorgeous bedroom, on the left is a huge window that allows you to see the view of the black lake and the forbidden forest, beside the window is a table with two chairs. There's also a huge wardrobe, but it is colored with green, black and white. I nearly jumped in shock when I heard a voice.