Chapter 7 - Hijinks at Tenka Peak

1

"And we're here!"

As he disembarked the class 2-C bus, Shiki exclaimed in joy as he stretched his hands out and rotated his torso repeatedly. Both of his hands swung two bags in a rather dangerous manner as he skipped his way to the side of the road.

"Finally freed from the tortures of that four-hour drive!"

More students began spilling out of the bus, and Kazuki soon followed some of them.

Stepping off the bus, he walked a bit ahead and gazed at the sight in front of him.

Two pillars marked the main entrance to Tenka Peak's premiere inn complex. A banner with the name "Welcome to Tenka Peak!" flowed along with the noontime wind, and from this distance, the teen saw glimpses of the humongous inn that the three Fuyusato classes will be staying in for the next two days.

"It looks amazing, Arata."

Kazuki looked at the person who stepped beside him, Miki Amagi, who likewise looked at the whole complex with wonder.

Some of her brown hair peeked from an adorable sun hat that she wore.

Kazuki was not sure what her focus was on, whether it was on the trees and flowers that spread out, the traditional roofs that can be seen as far as here, or on the roads that likewise branch out into different directions, deep into the sea of green in the distance.

"Yeah, it does. This place is big."

His question was immediately answered when Amagi hurriedly walked to a nearby thicket filled with blue and purple flowers. She took her phone out in order to start taking pictures.

"You seem to like the place a lot, Amagi," he mentioned as he saw the shine on his childhood friend's eyes with each shot she took.

"It is a great escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. The air is so fresh, and it makes me feel so relaxed."

Kazuki scratched his head on that remark. "I am more of a city boy myself, so I'm not sure if I can relate. I am more excited to see what facilities they have in that inn more. This is just insane."

He looked back with a slightly worried expression as he saw several more buses arriving at the drop-off area.

"It's the first time we had a class trip this grand. Something tells me some bigshot helped in splurging for this trip. I never thought something like this would happen. Our class trips were literally just us before, but now we have a class each from the three levels."

"Attention!"

Aided by the sound of the instructor's clapping, Kazuki and Amagi both turned to their homeroom teacher, who stood right at the entrance of the complex.

Mr. Tsuda tidied up his shirt before scanning the group of students that have lined up into a neat formation.

After a while, he nodded.

"Looks like everyone's here. Okay, so I'll walk you guys over in advance while the other grade levels are setting things up. Make sure to not make a fuss during our entire stay, or I'll make sure that you'll regret it when we get back."

Kazuki felt the gleam of seriousness reflect on his homeroom teacher's glasses as he said those words. It hardly surprised him. Mr. Tsuda has always been strict, by-the-rules, and quite the neat freak.

"Everyone ready? Let's get going, then. Would you care to help me lead the group, Uehara?"

"Yes, sir," said the black-haired girl as she walked to the homeroom teacher's side.