Chapter 14 - Innocence Arc

1

Touya Satoru could never forget this feeling.

His heart raced as he cannot help but beam behind the mask covering his face.

The masked man savored the sensation of his tentacle-like appendages twisting and twirling inside the body of a Nullity. With each twist, those extensions of his crushed more of the internal parts of the female Nullity, eliciting groans that felt like music to his ears.

For Satoru, it was not the mere act of dissecting this female Nullity from within that brought him joy.

Such sweet power I can't wait to consume. Make me even stronger!

It was the fact that after so long, he can finally consume another Class A Nullity.

He sneered while paying no heed to the stunned and frightened girl who was seated beyond the female Nullity. He wanted to relish this moment, and he savored every bit of his appendages drilling through whatever was inside the helpless Nullity.

Miki Amagi's wide, frightened eyes and trembling body was of no concern to Satoru. After all, that girl had already done her job. She had played her part, and all that potential that he had heard about from the doctor had finally bore fruit.

His main concern was just completely consuming the female Class A and making her a part of him.

With no one in any capacity to bother him, Satoru let out a crazed laugh as he recalled the last time he consumed a Class A Nullity.

2

Touya Satoru felt his pulse race along with his feet that pushed against the dusty and rocky floor. Flanked by ruined structures to both of his sides, he panted and looked for possible cover.

It would have been a lot easier had he not have to deal with his right arm. That part of him limped and had to be supported by his other hand. Now, it was nothing more than a lump of meat that hampered his escape attempts.

He cursed his fate.

Panting and running out of wits, the boy found it hard to believe what had just happened.

He thought that running into those thugs wearing white tiger jackets was the worst part of the night. He had run afoul of those pests before, but tonight was extra special.

Those people had been in a particularly bullying mood tonight, and they practically forced him out of the small room that he rented from one of the gang's benefactors.

He never even had a chance to say goodbye to his items before they were unceremoniously tossed out the window along with his body.

All that for bullshit reasons.

Seeking an audience with one of the gang leaders, he agreed to meet the Mohawk man to iron things out. It never seemed to be the wisest decision, but he had to take a chance. After all, he was all but powerless against the gang and their numbers.

Without enough money to keep sustaining his newfound lifestyle and addiction to vices, he had to submit to the Baihu Gang no matter what kind of crap they pull on him.

Because of his lack of strength, he had no leverage in the proceeding talks.

The boy had decided that things would change tonight and that he would assert his will on the boss.

And it cost him his right arm.

Satoru maintained his hold on his right arm, and it was as if he can still feel the final moments when that arm still gave him another window to the world. He also remembered the excruciating pain as the bones and muscles were crushed methodically.