Epilogue - Yuki-ON!

The time on the digital clock hit 4:00 p.m, and the two men seated across each other stopped talking.

On one side of the long table was a gray-haired adult with a fade cut. Wearing a formal suit with an insignia, he looked right at home in this meeting room. Putting down his stylus and his tablet, he looked at the graph being projected in the screen in front of him.

Across him was a student of Fuyusato Academy. Also with gray hair, this youth instead wore a black jacket with his own insignia. In contrast to the stoic expression worn by the adult, the teen wore a more confident expression on his face.

Instead of looking at either the graph or the person across him, he let his eyes wander off to different objects around the room. His eyes went from object to object as he eyed the plaques, the books, and the trophies found in the extravagant room.

"Anytime now," said Reijy Ishida, maintaining his confident expression. "I asked the guards to bring them in at around 4."

"My stance is not changing. We already went over it for hours already. Much of the conglomerate's resources are funneled into technological and weapon development. You sure you want to throw your shares into this thing of yours?"

Shaking his head, the adult calmly put his two hands on the table.

"There's no recovering from this the moment you mess up."

"Didn't Dad ask you to find somewhere to give those drones and satellites a test run, Yuichiro? The idea I forced out of you seemed great, too."

"Is that the proper way to talk to your older brother and the heir to the company?"

Reijy scoffed.

"I'm just killing multiple birds with one stone. For your information, I have an eye for talent, and much of the successful sponsors of the conglomerate were my recruits. Just look around you," he said, pointing at the certificates and medals that decorated the room. "You better watch out. Before you know it, I will be the next one in line, Big Brother."

Before Yuichiro can give his brother another reply, the room's door opened.

In stepped two people.

The first one was a sharp-dressed woman with lavender hair.

The other was a teenage girl with her dark green hair styled in a ponytail over one side of her shoulder.

"I've been waiting for you two. Come take a seat. Reiya Utara and Yui Kimura."

Reijy Ishida knew these two people, as he had been the one to invite them over personally. He held his welcoming look as he saw the two take their respective seats.

"Feeling excited about your concert soon, Yuki-tan?" he asked the one named Yui Kimura.

The green-haired girl nodded with excitement. It was then that Reijy pressed a button on a remote and turned his attention to the screen at the end of the table.

"Well, here's the thing, Kimura. Ticket sales for your event in a little over two months have been excellent, but the company... actually mostly my brother and I, have thought of suggestions in light of recent developments. Everyone loves Yuki-tan, so we thought of a way to make the experience to your grand debut even more awesome."

With a click of his remote, the presentation began with a view of the large arena that everyone in the room is surely familiar with.

"The Chronodome?" gasped Kimura. Her eyes sparkled, and Reijy immediately sensed the excitement in her the moment he showed a picture of the largest arena in Shiroki City.

"Yes. We figured that our place at Imperial Tracks or one of our many smaller arenas just won't cut it. We have decided to renegotiate contracts and get you a venue suitable for the birth of a new legend."

"Did you hear that, Manager?"

Kimura excitedly pulled at her manager's arm, but the lavender-haired woman did not seem too amused, instead telling her to quiet down.

"Now, as part of the big announcement of the major move, let me introduce you to this creation by my older brother here."

The visuals shifted to a UI presentation with a virtual recreation of Yuki-tan in one of her attires. A video then played, running through the various Yuki-tan costumes, venue pictures, and interactive features, as well as snippets of her various songs.

 A video then played, running through the various Yuki-tan costumes, venue pictures, and interactive features, as well as snippets of her various songs

Reijy cannot help but notice how mesmerized Kimura was at the whole video presentation.

"We call it Yuki-ON! It is the app that will herald the bright and legendary career of Yuki-tan!" he finished off that part of the presentation in a triumphant tone.

Both Ishidas had a pleased expression on their face as they saw the look of pure happiness on Yui Kimura's face.

Two months from now would be a night to remember. For them. And for Yui Kimura.

Author note: Lots of thanks for irulemilkarmy for her amazing work at the Yuki-tan chibis that serve as just two of the app's many Yuki-tan avatars, all based on her different stage outfits. If you're interested in her art, make sure to check out her social media and follow her on Twitter in that same handle.