įµ’Ā³. įµƒ Ź·įµ’Ź³Ė”įµˆ įµ’āæ į¶ ā±Ź³įµ‰.

༉˚*ೃ ᵒ³. 𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄!

"𝐀 𝐓𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 of Gaoling, huh?" questioned Sokka as they walked up to the central village on Kyoshi Island, him and the other Water Tribe girl trapping her on either side, the female Warriors of Kyoshi taking up the lead. He was giving her a scrutinizing narrow-eyed glance, like she was suddenly on trial. "Which one would that be?"

          "Uh—" began Luli unsurely, her face going hot under the pressure and worrying that it was building into a nervous blush—which was an embarrassing and sometimes-dangerous tendency when Luli was lying—and she avoided the pricking gaze of his blue eyes, trying to formulate a response that wouldn't make her trip over herself.

          Cutting in gracefully, the other girl at Luli's side gave the boy a sharp glare, before turning in a much gentler stare towards Luli. "Sorry about him," apologised the Water Tribe girl. She was pretty, and notably younger up close than Luli initially assumed—maybe aged fourteen or so. "My brother's paranoid about a lot of things. We've never actually been away from the South Pole before." She gave Luli a warm kind of smile—the type where she shut her eyes and grinned with her teeth, cheeks lifting. "I'm Katara, by the way." Her eyes were an equal kind of blue, stark against her brown skin—it was easy to see now how she and Sokka were siblings. "I'm a waterbender."

          "It's nice to meet you, I'm Luli." She said it with a gentle elegance—awkwardness threatening to grip her. "I— I didn't know there were any more waterbenders in the Southern Water Tribe," murmured Luli softly, not wanting to inflict any pain upon the two siblings, but her curiosity getting the better of her. There wasn't meant to be. Firelord Azulon had made sure of that. But Luli was sure there was a lot of things Fire Nation children didn't know.

          It seemed to strike a sore spot with the both of them, and Luli immediately wished she could take the words back. She wasn't used to speaking with people outside of the Earth Kingdom, now—most surely not an actual waterbender. Deep down, Luli knew it would be all different if they knew she was a firebender. Katara's face was fallen, but she spoke with surprising assurance when she said, "There aren't meant to be—I'm the last."

          The expression on Luli's features turned very sad. "I—" She did not know these people well enough to properly comfort them. "I'm very sorry, Katara. It's a lovely talent. I'm sure it'll live on through you." If she'd been any closer with the girl, Luli was sure she'd give her a hug. She knew she gave good hugs. Katara offered her a weak smile anyway—her fingers raising to touch the blue pendant at her throat. Luli, subconsciously, did the same to her own. That glimpse of red was mostly hidden behind her Earth Kingdom clothing, but she still felt its heat a comfort against her hand.