¹ᵒ. ᶠⁱʳᵉ ⁱˢ ˢᵒᵐᵉᵗⁱᵐᵉˢ ˢᵒ ʰᵃʳᵈ ᵗᵒ ᶜᵒⁿᵗʳᵒˡ.

༉˚*ೃ ¹ᵒ. 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄 𝐈𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐎 𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐑𝐎𝐋!

𝐈𝐅 𝐋𝐔𝐋𝐈 𝐖𝐀𝐒 honest, being around the Water Tribe siblings in the current... climate, was a bit like playing hide and explode. Sokka wasn't so bad, definitely not after King Bumi. They'd bonded a little somewhere between Luli pulling him around by the ear, being encased in growing crystal, and him somewhat accepting that she couldn't help being a firebender. They'd even talked, a bit, on Appa's saddle as he was flying through the air. She'd asked him about the Southern Water Tribe, and he'd prodded about the strategies of how they might get through the Fire Nation Royal Palace. She'd even learned that the national delicacy of the Southern Water Tribe was stewed sea prunes.

          Katara, however, was a whole different matter. Luli didn't quite think the Water Tribe girl hated her, but she was definitely mad. Or upset. It was a little hard to tell. The aura between them wasn't nearly as scathingly hostile as it had been before Omashu, but that fury of Katara was still simmering there. It really was like hide and explode. One wrong move and it would all come crumbling down. So, she chatted idly with Aang as Sokka was off gathering food. She'd lit a small fire to keep them warm, and Katara had her back turned on them.

          "What's the Fire Nation like now?" he asked excitedly, young face alight. Bad, thought Luli. "I used to visit my friend Kuzon there before the war. Do you still use 'hotman' as a greeting?"

          Luli winced. "Uh..." She didn't know if she had it in herself to break this kid's heart and tell him that the greeting 'hotman' had definitely been left behind a hundred years ago and was probably the equivalent of calling someone 'good chap'. "I mean, like, some old people." Katara was hunched away from them, back pointedly facing their direction, but Luli knew she rolled her eyes by the exaggerated movement of her shoulders. Pouting, Aang's expression fell. "The Fire Nation isn't really a place for fun greetings, now."

          "Do you still use 'flameo'?" His eyes were wide.

          Luli snorted, but she didn't want to shatter his dreams. "Sure, you can use flameo." It wouldn't hurt Aang thinking out-of-date slang was still around. Maybe it'd bring him some comfort.

          "Flameo, Hotman!" exclaimed Aang, pulling his hand up to his forehead in a kind of terrible fake salute, and Luli cracked up. As she laughed, some of the flames in the campfire seared up into embers, her face warm. "Wow. And what do you know about the Firelord?"