𝟑. 𝐀𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐆𝐞𝐭! 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫

You hadn't seen his room before, but his invitation felt like an expression of trust. Surprisingly tidy, there were only the essentials, rectangular strips of soundproofing on his wall, and his recording set-up: two monitors, a faintly glowing keyboard, a mouse, and oddly, a mic atop a broken stand.

You carried a chair from the dining room as Clay set up his Discord, sitting down next to him.

"Hi! I'm Clay's live-in house servant. My name is–"

"–we know–" American and amiable–Sapnap.

"–Clay? He lets you call him Clay?" British and sardonic–George.

"We first met in real life, so it's less weird this way," Clay defended. "Guys, this is who I was talking about last night. Like I said, she's staying here until she can get a flight to her grandparents to take care of them or leave America. But she's self-quarantining here before flying to California to keep them safe, and because of COVID, nobody can leave here. And to be clear, she volunteered to do the chores in exchange for housing. I didn't want her to, but she insisted."

"Oh, DreeAAMm! Dreamie-poo, you told them about me?" You asked coquettishly.

"Of course he told us. You always tell the homies."

"Watch out for him. Dream's a psycho. And a simp."

Clay pounded his desk. "No! I am not a simp."

"George, I bet you're just jealous. Green with envy."

Clay gave you an alarmed look. The conversation came to a halt. Silence filled the call until Sapnap coughed awkwardly.

"...I'm colourblind," said George.

You were flooded with horror. Was that a sensitive subject to him? Did you embarrass him? Were he and all his friends going to hate you now? "George! Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, I had no idea! I really, really didn't know. I wasn't trying to make fun of your condition, I–"

"–no, you're fine." He laughed. "Don't worry, I'm not... seeing red."

"Wait, does that give me... the green light to make color puns?" To your side, Dream barked out a laugh.

"No. You're so bad. Hold on–" there was shuffling from his end of the call. "I've put on my Enchroma glasses. Now I'm immune to all your cruel puns."

"Oh, George! Oh, Gogy!" Sapnap sang. "How does it feel to get absolutely destroyed?"

"Shut up, Snapmap," George groused.

You saw the punning potential. "If he gets violent, is he Stabnap?"

"And if he's... in full Prot Four netherite, he's Stacknap."

Clay joined in on the fun. "And if he's going on an adventure, he's Knapsack."

"If he's stealing something, he's Sapnab." George again.

"If he's tired, he's Sagnap." You.

"Then he'll really need to take a Sapnap."

"If he has a special talent, it's a Sapknack."

"If he's having a bad day, he's... Sadnap," you whispered tragically.

"And if–"

"GUYS! STOP!" "Sadnap" roared.

His three harassers burst out into giggles. You looked at Clay–he had a really nice smile. His eyes creased and lit up, his nose scrunched a little, and dimples appeared in his cheeks. He looked at you, and you looked away.