𝟏𝟎. 𝐀𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭

The wind howled in your ears and two sets of frantic footsteps padded rapidly on the snow, followed by many others.

"[Username]." Clay's voice fell heavy in your ears. "Though the parting hurts... the rest is in your hands. You have to leave me and follow your destiny."

You couldn't believe he was saying this. Your heart cracked in two, and your lungs reached for breath that wasn't there. "My destiny is with you!"

"Go. I'll come back for you."

"You will?"

"Always."

You leapt down the cliff and placed a berry bush the second before impact. Clay followed, George and Sapnap's Minecraft personas cracked and fell on the ground, and the voice call erupted with ear-splitting screams.

GeorgeNotFound fell from a high place.

Sapnap fell from a high place.

"NO!"

"GEORGE!"

"Why is it my fault?!"

In your peripheral vision, a donation message flashed on Clay's screen, and you read it out for him. Bad was once again tasked with regrouping them. "George, Sapnap! Collect materials, and come back!"

You were in the thick of a 4v2 manhunt–Clay on his gaming set-up, you next to him and on your laptop. That'd be your excuse if you lost terribly. You'd started off in a taiga, passing into an Extreme Hills biome. A few hundred blocks away from spawn and without any structures to give you an advantage, you and Clay had to rely on fall damage to dislodge the hunters.

"Oh, Dreeeaaaamm! Oh [Usernaaameee]!"

"Look at the little unarmed speedrunners!"

But it wasn't over yet–Bad and Ant were still armed with wooden swords and on your tails. With no armor, 6 hearts, 4 hunger, 8 wood planks, and a couple berries and sticks, it wasn't looking good for you. Your character quickly chomped down the berries, started to heal, and continued running.

"[Name], how much wood d'you have?"

"Eight planks."

"Gimme." Beside you, he clicked rapidly, and you saw him enter the crafting GUI on his screen. Almost instantly, he dropped you a wooden sword and picked up his crafting table.

"Here they come."

"–and thank you for the $50, MonsieurBacteria4206969! Sorry, we're going to miss some donos because we'll be too busy destroying Bad and Ant."

Would you, though? Your stomach churned as Bad and Ant approached. A 2v2? Were you ready for this? Was he willing to bet on your PvP skills, or was this a last-ditch effort? But you had to stand with him, or else both of you were going down for sure.

He took the lead, critting out Bad.

"Ant, help!"

Heart pounding, you cut off Antfrost and scored a good crit as he was headed for Bad. He recovered quickly, and got a free hit on you. But it was too early to die–pushing down panic, you held your breath and focused all your attention on steadying your aim and timing your hits with your jumps.

You settled into a good rhythm, but you were at three hearts–this would be close.

Should you run, or ask for help? Just to your side, Bad started to run away, and Clay rapidly switched his attention to your fight with Ant.

Antfrost was slain by Dream.

Singled out, Ant's avatar exploded into a pile of berries, sticks, and wood. Another donation flashed in your vision, but you were too focused to address it.