𝟏𝟏. 𝐀𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐆𝐞𝐭! 𝐇𝐨𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐟𝐟

A/N: pay attention to your inventory, y'all, and see if you can predict some upcoming plays.

Mining had been unnervingly peaceful–not a single encounter since the underwater fight–and you and Clay had finally caught up reading the donations you'd missed during those earlier battles. Having just looted and completed a ruined portal, you put away your buckets and crafted a flint and steel.

Still, you felt on-edge. You'd whirl around at every footstep, but it would just be Clay; you swore that you saw a hunter's name tag behind the stone at some point.

Despite appearances, the hunters were all very good, and the odds were so strongly stacked against you that losing wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. But you'd want to get far so as not to let competitive Clay down. Besides, you were in front of a huge live audience, and was there a point denying it? Winning was fun.

"–And remember, you probably have a free Twitch Prime sub. If you see a button that says 'Prime,' click subscribe for free on Twitch. There's absolutely no cost to you and it's literally free money. Usually, I don't advertise it for myself, but this is a charity stream, which means I'm keeping none of what I make. Every penny will go to the Red Cross for hurricane relief." Clay's Twitch Prime spiel lifted you from your reverie. "Oh, and did I mention it was free?"

You flicked your eyes to the stream chat–absolutely saturated with CHURCHPRIME, DRESUS, and pogchamp. But your state of relative relaxation was not to last.

BadBoyHalo has made the advancement [Diamonds!]

"Let's go!" George cheered.

"Hey, Dream. Hey, [Username]. Watch this," Sapnap snickered.

Sapnap has made the advancement [Diamonds!]

Sapnap has made the advancement [Cover Me with Diamonds]

BadBoyHalo has made the advancement [Ice Bucket Challenge]

Your stomach plummeted–so you were now entering the stage when the hunters got absurdly stacked and every confrontation was stressful beyond belief.

"Dream, how are we going to do this?!"

To your side, Clay let out a breath. "It's okay. At least they don't have–"

"–Hey everyone, come here."

BadBoyHalo has made the advancement [Enchanter]

The others were quick to follow, the chat quickly scrolled up.

GeorgeNotFound has made the advancement [Enchanter]

Antfrost has made the advancement [Enchanter]

Sapnap has made the advancement [Enchanter]

"What?!" You and Clay's alarmed voices came out at the same time.

"Dream, you wanna finish that sentence?"

Outnumbered and now outgunned, would plain iron be enough to face them with? Meanwhile, all you'd gotten from that chest were a few pieces of gold armor–really? You bounced your leg under Clay's desk–they could come back any minute now.

"[Username], relax. We got this. Now, do the thing."

You nodded, and the empty portal frame lit up with hypnotic purple swirls.

[Username] has made the advancement [We Need to Go Deeper]

The towering basalt columns and dust motes drifting in the air indicated that you had indeed spawned in the worst Nether biome.