𝟏𝟐. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚 𝐇𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐔𝐬

It was a 2v2, but Ant and Sapnap would be soon to follow. You and Clay both jumped on George, one of you breaking his shield and the other landing a solid crit.

"Bad, help!"

"I'm trying!" Bad hit you–his axe was enchanted and you took 2 hearts.

Clay shot George, leaving you to deal with Bad. You blocked his hit and struck the second before he raised his shield. One free hit–but would that be enough?

"Sapnap, Ant, help!" George demanded.

"We're coming! These stupid wart blocks–!"

You waited for Bad to hit again and critted him.

"Go around! I need help too!"

"Dream, you okay?"

"Oh, God!"

Sapnap and Ant rounded the corner, hitting you once each. Your health plummeted–two hearts. "[Username], we need to go!" At the bottom right, your health bar quaked. But you couldn't leave without him–heart pounding, you ate, and then shot the hunters as Clay caught up to you and turned back the way you came.

"What do we do, what do we do?!" You panicked, dashing through the blue forest. "Are they still behind us?"

"No, we lost you."

Going into F5 confirmed that they were indeed still behind you. A few blocks away, another set of blazes spawned. How were you going to do this? You needed to get back there.

"Liar. Clay, d'you have vines?" He shook his head.

You split yours with him, losing a precious second as he picked it up. Sapnap hit you in the back, and your pulse spiked again. "He does so much damage!"

Together, you leapt off the cliff, each placing one to break your fall. But you flubbed it–placing the twisted vine just a second after you landed, you watched your health bar blacken–8 hearts turned to half of one.

"[Username], get back! I'll handle this."

You broke the vines just before Sapnap and Ant hit the ground, backing away. That fall must've hurt.

Your hands quaked on the keyboard. "Oh, God!" You'd missed your first axe hit, and Ant was combo-ing you. Clay was engaged in a fight with Sapnap, and in your peripheral vision, you saw Bad and George digging a safe way down.

You ran, slowing Ant down with blocks and vines until you got an opening to eat and heal. A lava lake rushed forward to meet you–your heart leapt. There was nowhere to run, but you only had three hearts. You were going to die. And worse, Clay was now in a 3v1.

You towered and pearled past him–half a heart! In his confusion, you ate and ran back to Clay, sometimes whirling around to shoot Ant with your crossbow. Your health bar trembled.

"Guys, help! I'm low!"

You led him back to the fray–he must be low now, and your hearts were back up to four. You turned, delivered one solid axe crit and another, and he finally went down. Quickly, you donned his enchanted gear and came to your partner's aid.

"I'm on one heart!"

"Dream, you okay?"

There was a moment of silence–he was concentrating. "Yeah, you?"

"For now."

"3v2–we got this. Hey, tower up–"

To their indignance, you two abandoned the hunters, stacking back to where you came from. You and Clay took another hit each–that hurt.