Chapter 1

People say believe in your dreams. People are to open minded and optimistic about things. Some people love to take up hobbies and live in a world of there own. Many, take this quite literally. As day turns to night dragons use to roam the land and lived in harmony with the townspeople of lockseam. Now they are bearly seen as people betrayed them.

People say bonds are unbreakable. Even in the strangest ways.
Being a wizard can be advantage right?

"Loser!" Shouted Lakenheath gothbooth on of the other wizards.

"Get lost" said Harlow said moving his long, blue wavy hair out his face.

The boy looked deeply into Harlow's blood-shot eyes.

"You've just got lucky blood" he said as a teacher walked by.

Harlow just stayed in sorrow. He never had any true friends. Not one he could think of anyway. He felt as no-one loved him.

Harlow was disowned. For apparently killing someone. He knew his innocents. He knows his intentions very well. Including his personality. He wouldn't change anything. Not for all the gold in the word.

To get a bit of free space after school he goes to the living chamber Inn.
Not the fact it's his favourite place but he rented a room there and that's where he said. By himself. No friends. No family. No one. The only person who he could really talk to was the bar tender. Mr Ash. He's the reason he's alive in the first place.

Harlow looked at his long hair. Noticing the gold sparks which illuminated his silver, blue hair. He layed there. Before long gold pixies and tripsticks danced acrossed the room.

"Hey Twittering " Harlow greeted as he sat up.

"Hi Harlow" The tripstick responsed.

The tripstick species were tiny. Being 2 1/2 feet tall and clumsy its obvious why they were easily killed by Sema region's people.

Then Twittering was followed by the Chiplings a bunch of 4 foot rascals. They aren't hard to find. They had long tails with big butterfly wings and made endless zinging noises which get stuck in your head for days.

"Hey Eliza" Harlow greeted now looking out the window.

The Chipling bowed. For respect.

Harlow glazed out of the window again staring at the collosal mountain.

Lengand says that thats where the king of dragons live. Ventura Ember and every 100 years he will come out of hibernation and greet the lawway townspeople.  Everyone was excited. Last time people dressed up in dark purple to show there loyalty to him. Also the small royal family would pet Ventura at 5 pm exactly when the dragon decides to show up.

There was a knock. Then another.  Knock knock. Harlow cautiously walked over to the door grasping the knob. Slowly the door opened.  To find it was one of Harlow's only friends Kensu.

"Surpise" Kensu smiled

"Don't do that" He laughed.

Harlow let the boy in and silently filled the kettle without question.

The Chiplings, Tripsticks and pixies glared at Kensu as if there was something wrong. A hefty silence overfilled them. Kensu held a dagger in a small bag hanging to his side for defence. He was abused growing up and ran away from home and suffered heavy ptsd after.

Harlow always there for him even after he ran away and he was disowned.  Thats what brought them closer.

The next day zoomed by as Harlow left the pub to school which was a 10 minute walk away but Harlow had a quicker way. Telaportation. Yes it might be wrong but it saved him from getting beat up before he even got there.

To the troubled teen suprise the gates were closed.

"Sorry mate schools cancelled don't worry it's the festival this week enjoy yourself Blood."

Of course he forgot. This week was the annual dragon festival. Every couple years dragons come to restore peoples wishes.

There were different activities that would take place.

The main ones were a maze, the berry quiz and taming a dragon.  The dragons were never real. This was mainly because people would get bored of people dying every year. Also people would be traumatised from watching thier family die mercilessly.

Harlow traced through Becoda town Square. Big banners and food stalls were being set up. Dragon figures  were around. People cheering all around.

Red wingrolled danced through the streets.

Harlow could tell that this festival was going to be unique as the King was going hold a special feast for certain people.

King Tristan was a holy man who ruled fairly. Criminal sentence would depend of what crime whom commits.

The prince (Tiben) was similar.  He heavily looked up to his father hoping to be like him one day.

Music echoed through out the streets. Dragon howls in the music could be identified. Small mini games were scattered in town Square. This was unlike anything Harlow had seen.