Chorus

Present Day '86

    Another smack followed the first.  A third was set to fly but Prince finally caught her hand.  Twisting with her, he tightly held her arms to her chest as his front stuck to her behind.  "Stop!"  But she wouldn't.  Violently throwing her head back, she fell free.

     On her knees, she saw red outlining his nostrils as he dabbed them, making a mess on his hands before strutting off.  Afraid he'd get away for good, she jumped up and grabbed the closest thing to her—a lava lamp. 

     Perfect aim, it thumped against his back as he stood helpless with hands over his head.  "Camille-" His call interrupted by a vase tossed at the wall, shattering on impact just two inches from him. Prince pulled the handle and tripped into the violet corridor.  

     While he was down, Camille was hurling every loose object in sight like a pitching machine gone haywire.  Prince made a dash across the short hall but Camille closed in and pulled at his turtleneck, both of them toppling to the floor.  She then snatched a broken chunk of glass and without hesitation, swiped it. 

     Instead of gifting him Joker's smile, she got the underside of his arm.  And then she got wrestled to the floor.  They may have been about the same size but Prince was the stronger one.  Hovering, her body secure between his legs, he pressed down on her cheek, crushing her face in the glassy wreck.  "What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

     Camille cried out, arms reaching to harm any part of him she could.

     "Are you gonna stop??"

     Latching on to the cross pendant swinging over her, she ripped it off and made it her weapon.

     Holding his neck, Prince pulled away and that time, successfully got out through the other side.

     Unsatisfied, a bout of adrenaline shot through the broken-hearted girl and Camille sprinted out to see he reached the stairs.  Like an animal, she crawled up and caught the hem of his pant leg but failed to get a grip. He nearly made it out but she met him at the top and a dangerous struggle ensued. 

     Blinded by rage, she punched him, she kicked him and when he stifled her in a chokehold, she bit through his skin until she tasted blood and he backed off. 

     Prince slammed Camille into the door but then he slipped, grabbing the end of her jacket to save himself but she lost her coordination too.  Camille tumbling over him, Prince reached but like an acrobatic move gone bad, he only ended up flying down the stairs with her.