Irina glared as she nervously bit her thumb's nail. Pacing back and forth she could not take it anymore. She screamed in frustration.

This is not what she envisioned it to be.

"Iri-" Karasuma stopped and stared.

"Look, this... This..." Irina started to panic.

They were having a row for three days now. Something about work that she could not honestly remember. Trying to make amends, she came home early for today to cook dinner.

She is confident in her cooking skills. It is a part of her skill set as an assassin after all. However, she miscalculated one thing. She never cooked nor has she learned how to cook Japanese cuisine. And everything seemed hard and annpying for some reason.

She had never dreamt settling to the land of the rising sun. After a work she has done for the imperial family she never wanted to come back, until she was summoned to get rid of the octopus who turned out was 'the reaper,' the world's "best" assassin.

Karasuma sighed. Irina who was staring down at the floor was wearing their pink apron on top of her office clothes. Her flushing cheeks are covered with what he assumes as flour.

'She looked like a mochi, ' he thought. He shook his head to get rid of that thought. It is not the time for him to compare his wife to anything.

"I-" even before he could utter any word, Irina dashed off to their room.

Karasuma looked at the messy kitchen. Pots were scattered, plates were here and there. Spices were all over the counter and the floor. The table was occupied by scattered ingredients. However, he noticed that shrimps were carefully placed on the colander away from the mess along with the sliced vegetables and meat. He wanted to clean the mess but he turned his heel and walked towards their room.

"Irina, " he called softly peeking through the door.

Irina's back was facing him. She was sitting at her side of the bed, stifling her cries.

He walked towards her and sat at the edge of the bed, near enough to Irina.

"I am not angry, " he muttered.

"I know." She replied. "I am just frustrated. I do not know your favorite food, I do not know your favorite tie, I do not know your favorite color, I do not know how you liked your eggs, I cannot cook Japanese dishes..."

Karasuma silenced her mumbling with a hug.

"You do not have to know all those things, Irina. When I married you, I did not expect you to know all those things."

"But she knew of them!"

Karasuma immediately wiped the forming smirk. He knew it. All these cold shoulders were all about Sayuri.

Irina ignoring him for three days straight was about what Sayuri — the intel agent he was working with for a few days now — said.

The woman was an old pal. They were in the special forces together. She is a nice woman with a nasty habit of teasing and it so happened that her victim that day was Irina.

He thought Irina would just brush Sayuri's teasing. He actually expected her to jump into teasing the woman back. However, Irina reacted differently. Well, Irina has been acting differently for three months now.

"Well, we have a lifetime together to learn of those things, love."

"What's wrong with you?" Irina glared at him. "You are not Karasuma! Leave! You are not my Tadaomi!"

And there go her unreasonable outburst. Just like any other of her outbursts these past three months. This time she is crying, even harder.

"If you are going to impersonate my husband, you should know better! That git doesn't say those sweet things you uttered! And that fool never called me any endearment!"

Karasuma was appalled. Was he that cold to her?

"Irina!" He called. "Stop this nonsense right now!"

Surprisingly, it worked. She stopped crying and looked at him.

"I apologize for the kitchen. I thought I could cook some shrimp tempura and curry." She mumbled standing.

However, before she could even stand, the world spinned into darkness.