Prologue

Baysdale is a small town in Northern Michigan, with a total population of 6,986. Most people are fourth or fifth generation residents and new members are far and few in-between; mostly trying to escape from the tragedy of life outside of the small-town bubble Baysdale always seemed to have.

While being forgotten and overlooked most of the time, there was one thing that Baysdale was known for; hockey.

The Baysdale Bobcats had won the high school state championship for the last 10 years, and at least one player has been recruited by the NHL every year for the past three. The town eats it up; it is like every bad TV show you've ever seen about high school sports. There are rally girls that tend to the players ever desire, treating the boys like kings, parents gawking and yelling at practices, booster club members acting as though these boys are going to save the world.

Hockey is religion and you don't question religion in Baysdale.

The Bobcat's top three players had all graduated in May and the Boosters had been recruiting for someone new since December and they were about to get their new secret weapon, Jayden Hileman.

Jayden was 15 and an all-star center with a natural talent and love for hockey, but Austin, Texas wasn't the place for him to get recruited, so when he got the opportunity to go stay with his uncle, who happens to be the coach of the Baysdale Bobcats, he couldn't pass it up. So, the summer before his junior year, Jayden packed up everything he owned into an army green sack and a raggedy old backpack and hopped on a plane to nowhere, Michigan.

Most would be terrified, or sad, or angry to leave in the middle of high school, but the truth was Jayden didn't mind, he had plenty of reasons besides hockey to get out of Texas. 

***********************************************************************

Author's Notes: 

Hi y'all! This is my first story and I am incredibly excited! I am looking for any and all feedback so please leave comments & help me grow!