Chapter Six

Jayden's POV

The rest of the night consisted of Ellie chugging her weight in beer and the five us climbing though her window to get her into her room without coach finding out. We didn't end up seeing Stephen for the night, except for when I saw him trail off into the water with some girl. 

Even though I've only know Ellie for a couple of days, Stephen does not seem like the kind of guy she would date, he seems like a cocky douche bag which is not like any of the guys she introduced me to tonight. I let my mind wander as I try and drift off to sleep and just as I feel myself slipping into a deep sleep, I hear my phone vibrate on the nightstand besides me. I groan as I roll over and grab my phone and see Ellie is calling me, I stare at it for a couple seconds. It's 2 am, why is she calling me? Is she okay?

"Ellie, hey...Are you okay?"

"Hi, yes I'm fine. I'm, uh, actually outside your house, any way you can sneak out for a few minutes?" she says still sounding a little drunk but way better than when we dropped her off a few hours before.

"Uh, yeah...give me 2 minutes and I'll meet you outside," I hang up and jump off my bed while grabbing the sweat pants and sweatshirt on the floor next to my bed and quietly walk through the house to get to the door.

As I step outside, I see Ellie at the end of the driveway, she sees me immediately and starts walking towards me and all I can think about is how beautiful she looks, even though you can tell she just rolled out of bed, her long hair going in every direction and her tank top falling off her shoulders, I couldn't stop staring until she started talking and snapped me out of it.

"Thanks for coming outside" she whispers,

"Yeah, of course. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, everything is fine, it's just..." she pauses looking like she's trying to figure out exactly what to say next, "I know I kinda started heavily drinking after that weird situation with Stephen happened and I wanted to explain.." As she's talking, I can tell she is trying to avoid eye contact but I can't figure out why. Instinctively my hand goes to her chin and lifts her face up so she is making eye contact with me.

"You don't need to explain anything to me, Ellie"

She looks surprised for a moment at our contact and then the last thing I was expecting to happen, happens...Her lips crash into mine as her hands grab my face pulling me deeper into the kiss and all I feel is electricity radiating through my body. 

***********************************************************

Author's Note: 

Super short chapter, but I feel like the other ones have been much longer so I wanted to do a short one and leave it on a cliffhanger.