Chapter Four

Jayden's POV

Ellie and I ended up spending the day together; she showed me around the town, the best food spots where we ended up eating at two of the places...she can almost eat as much as me, which was honestly impressive. 

After hours of strolling around, we both headed back to our houses to get ready for the party. I walked in the front door and was immediately greeted with smiles from Derek and Haley. 

"Where were you sweetheart? I was worried you got lost!" Haley exclaimed walking around adding silverware around the table. 

"Just finding my way around Baysdale." I smiled "I actually met someone and she is going to take me to a lake party tonight...if that's okay?" I was never used to asking permission as I was more of an adult than my parents back home, but I figured I should probably do it now. 

"A girl, oh that's great! Who!?" 

I hesitated before answering, "Ellie, Coach Scott's daughter actually. I saw her at the rink yesterday and then again running this morning"

"Oh Ellie! She is such a sweet girl! you will love her" she adds. 

My uncle doesn't move or react to me saying I was hanging out with the other coach's daughter but I see him tense up ever so slightly...I decide to ignore the awkwardness and plop next to him on the couch. 

"I don't have to leave for a few hours, want to watch some highlights?" 

"Fuck yes!" he exclaims, punching his fist into the air. 

"Language!" Haley yells and we both laugh, "I think he just missed having boys in the house" she adds rolling her eyes sticking her tongue out as she walks by him before leaving the room. 

-----

Ellie's POV

I knew I was seeing him tonight and it caused a tightness in my stomach and my head dizzy. My ex-boyfriend was going to be at the lake party tonight, most likely drunk since his crew had been there all day.  I was supposed to be there early too but was able to push it off thanks to Jayden. 

I was happy we were going to the party together as it would be a good buffer and hopefully Stephen wouldn't come near me, but I had a small pit-in-my-stomach feeling that it wasn't going to be the case. I walked over to my nightstand and pulled out my bright pink pipe and a vile that contained the last of my weed. Fuck, I need to get more, I thought to myself as I poured the remaining I had into my pipe. 

I started smoking a couple of years ago, too young for my age sure, but it was a way to push through and honestly living life sober was just too much for me sometimes.  I climbed out of my window onto my roof and lit the bowl; sucking the smoke into my lungs and holding it in as long as I could before exhaling slowly.  A couple of hits is all I need, I don't want Jayden to think I am weird right away and plus I still need to make it past my parents. I shake my head to myself and climb my way back through the window. 

Once I am inside, I grab my phone and text Jayden that I am leaving and will meet him at the end of his street in 10 minutes, check my self out in the mirror, seeing my long brown hair barely touch the top of my white mesh cover and my army green bikini underneath. "Hmm" I smile to myself satisfied with my appearance before walking out of  my room. 

"No. No. No No No! Elizabeth Danielle Scott, get your ass back in your room and put something on, right now!" I hear my dad shout as I make it to the end of the stairs. I look at my mom and she just rolls her eyes and smiles only slightly so my dad won't notice. My dad is known to be a tad too overprotective and my mom thinks it's hilarious because apparently he was a huge player when they were my age...gross. 

"Dad...I am going to the lake...where I will be in my bathing suit....so why does it matter what my coverup looks like?" I ask slowly and sarcastically. 

My mom continuing to smile until I see my dad shoot her a glare. "You're 15, Ellie and I am your dad. Go change or you're not going"

I roll my eyes and turn around knowing I wouldn't win the battle. I quickly run up stairs and grab a solid black t-sheet dress and throw it on instead. "Bye crazy person and by the way I will be 16 next week" I wave as I make my way our the door smirking at my dad. 

------

After I met Jayden at the end of the street, we walk a few blocks until we hit the public beach and see swarms of teenagers everywhere. I could tell Jayden felt a little nervous being around all these people he didn't know. I wanted him to feel welcome to Baysdale and knew he would as soon as he met the hockey team. I quickly scan the beach and see just the group I was looking for.

"Come with me!" I command while grabbing Jayden's hand, pulling him towards the group. I feel a cold electric shock spark through my body when our hands touch but choose to ignore it. 

"Hi boys!!" I scream walking up to the group. Since my dad is the coach and Baysdale is incredibly small, I know and have grown up with practically all the hockey players but I am closest to a group of 4 guys that I consider my very best friends and practically brothers. 

"ELLIE!!" JD shouts running up to me and lifting me up in a bear hug causing me to let go of Jayden's hand, electricity gone. 

"LOVE!" I exclaim back while all the other guys just say hi back. JD is definitely the most loving out of the group. 

"So you guys!! This is Jayden! Jayden, this is Kyle, JD, Tyler and Carrigan" I say pointing to each one as I go down the line. 

"Oh shit, Jayden! When did you get to town!? We've heard a lot about you!" Carrigan goes in for the typical bro hug which Jayden returns. 

"You boys mingle, I am going to find myself a drink" and turn around to find the keg. 

"US TOO PLEASE!" I hear JD shout as I was away. 

Now where can a girl get herself a drink?

I finally find the drinks and start filling up as many cups as I can hold and bring back with me. I end up being able to fill four and get them all in my grip and am ready to begin my journey back to Jayden and the boys. As I whip around I am immediately greeted with someone's chest and feel the four completely full beers crash all over. 

"Oh my god, I am so sorr...." I begin saying, feeling the sticky beer cling to my dress looking over only to see...Stephen...of course it would be him.