Chapter Three

The next morning I woke up and for a moment forgot I wasn't in Texas. Before I could get too sucked into my thoughts I jumped out of bed and walked to the bathroom to turn the shower on. I slipped off my boxers and stepped in, letting the ice cold water hit my body, shocking it awake before slowly turning warm. 

Considering I knew no one with the exception of my coaches and the coach's daughter, I had no plans and no friends until practice started in six weeks. I thought about asking Derek for some of the guys on the team's numbers to meet greet but figured it was lame. 

After an unnecessarily long shower, I hoped out, threw on a pair of grey basketball shorts and a blue t-shirt. I looked at my hair, running my fingers through the 2 inches of length I had. I was normally a buzz cut type of guy but hadn't thought of a  hair cut in weeks and now didn't know what to do with it. 

Derek and Haley both we're already gone for the day so I figured I would just work out and check out my new town. I opened the fridge and was shocked by the fully stocked beauty I saw in front of me. I was used to having an expired gallon of milk and some cold cuts if I was lucky back home, but here it looked like I could make any meal I ever imagined. I popped two eggos into the toaster, eating them plain and running out the door as soon as they popped. 

I finished my waffles as I stumbled upon a hiking trail right outside my neighborhood. Fuck yes. A place to escape to. I began running up the first hill letting my thoughts escape me while focusing on the next step in front of me. The hill was steep and with every passing step, my thighs began to burn, I continued to push myself harder and harder feeling the burn intensify until I stopped at the top of the hill and there she was. 

Ellie...

In my not so secret spot. 

She spotted me as soon as I hit the top of the hill and I watched a smile spread across her face when she realized it was me. I felt the corner of my lips begin to rise unable to resist smiling back. 

-------------

Ellie's POV 

I just finished my 5 mile run on my secret trail, clearing my head of the drama the laid in front of me today. My literal arch nemesis is now dating my ex boyfriend and normally I really wouldn't care, but he's a bigger ass than she is and honestly... I was worried for her. 

Before we broke up, he hit me a few times. Never anything too crazy, a few shoves here and there, which is probably why I ignored it for so long, well that is until the night everything happened. 

I felt myself fall into a trance fading into that night, when I was suddenly knocked out of it, seeing a hot shirtless guy hit the top of the hill. 

First, damn. Second, why is someone on my secret trail? And then I realized it was the new kid, Jayden. Immediately a smile swept across my face. 

"Well well well, look who it is" I said watching him take his headphones out of this ears. 

"It's good to see you again, Ellie"  His cute county accent made my knees weak. 

"What do you have going on for your second day in Baysdale?...Besides finding my secret spot that is," I found myself checking him out, until I heard a chuckle. Yup, he noticed that.

"Oh this is your secret spot?" I nodded "Probably just finish my run and then go explore and try and find my way around the town," he continued.

"Exploring, huh?" I said, an excuse push my drama for later. "I think you need a tour guide, a seasoned expert or even better, your rally girl," I added. 

"You sure?" he asked. 

"It would be my pleasure," the perfect distraction for the day. "Plus there's a party at the lake tonight and you're now my guest"

Guest. Date. Pretty much the same thing. 

*********************************************************************************************

Author's Notes:

What did you think about the Ellie POV? 

Please comment & vote and let me know what you think!