6

after they sat on the bench they opened the box.
inside were 3 labeled envelopes, 1 usb drive and a lot of photos. So many photos of the Yoons before they died. It made them sick in the stomach.
" what on earth.." Jeonghan started
" isn't that-" Joshua picked up a bundle and flipped through it "-this whole stack, it-its you and Chan" Joshua almost stuttered. its was truly shocking, the first address he visited and they get this, this gigantic lead. Joshua was also in many of the photos due to being such close friends with Jeonghan but this was truly shocking. There were photos of them in class, in the eating hall, the field playing soccer, any public space that can be watched from a distant, the person took the picture. each family member got a stack but Jeonghan and Chan's were bundled together, it was maybe because they didn't go anywhere since they were in boarding school. The stacks of his mom and dad were far more diverse. Some of them taken exiting a car, eating lunch with an associate and many of the bunch. they had dates and notes on the back of them from time they usually had lunch to favourite jewellery, it was like they were being stalked by a professional .
" what the hell is this?" Jeonghan broke the silence.
" i was right, it wasn't an accident-" he's sobbing now, remembering how all the adults thought he was delusional and traumatised. "-they all thought i was making it up-" his voice started to shake, he looks at the floor and starts bawling in his hands, he is back in that nightmare he used to have everytime, when he used to have hope. this is the first actual lead he had got in all this time, they haven't even gone through the other items.
it was tears of disbelief, of denial, a tiny part of him did want to become an accident though a bigger part believed in sabotage. at least there wouldn't be someone to blame, or never an actual person who called the shots, no real death sentence made by a faceless man.
" You should go home." Joshua sighed with slight sadness in his voice. he truly hated himself for the fact he pulled Jeonghan back into the hole he finally got out of, his eyes were watering yet he needed to suck it up. if they were both crying they wouldn't be able to drive home safely.
" i'll drive, we'll take my car" Joshua offered as he patted Jeonghan's back. after a few rubs and a few ruffles through Jeonghan's hair Jeonghan stands up.
" your car?" Jeonghan asked.
" yes, your eyes are all puffy and red. i wouldn't let you drive if you wanted to" Joshua replied. Jeonghan just sighed and followed Joshua into his car.
after a few minutes Joshua decided to start some conversation.
" we can continue tomorrow or we can open the usb at your house" Joshua asked but there was no reply as Jeonghan had fallen asleep very quickly in his car.
" well tomorrow it is" he muttered under his breath

as joshua knocked on the door Chan opened.
Jeonghan just walks in without a word.
" did i do something" Chan worriedly asked
" no no it was a work thing, he's just really tired." Joshua explained, or lied, he truly couldn't differentiate anymore.