9

"is this the place?" Joshua questioned.
they had gone to the address in the file but there was one tiny problem,
"it's where it used to be, it's just a stupid steel factory now." Jeonghan cursed. it was worst because it was literally his factory. he chased the man with the answers out of his last known address.
Jeonghan turns on his phone to call his loyal assistant, Jane.
" hello, Jane can you open the files of the raya bay factory. was there a residential building or area where it stands now?"
"hello sir, the raya bay area? i handled that before i was transferred here, we gave the residents a home at a nearby apartment, their living conditions there were not very good anyways, almost all of them said yes immediately."
"almost?"
"yes sadly there was a group of young men that didn't want to leave so we offered a higher price, we offered them a country ranch near the paddy fields, i think you can see the house from there."
"send me the details, thanks jane."

"what did she say?" Joshua asked,
" she said most of the residents moved to an apartment nearby and there were a few who moved to a ranch." Jeonghan replied.
As Jeonghan opens the email jane sent and shows it to Joshua, after seeing the address Joshua's jaw dropped.
" that's. that's where i went to get the box" Joshua confusedly replied.
"well, shit now we really have to go there."

Joshua stormed out of the car as soon as it stopped, he was practically fuming, how little questions he asked, he wondered if the conversation with the man was even real. He knocks on the door real hard but the door just swings open.
" Mr Jeon" Josha called out.
" Here! Please! Im here! Help me! Please" Wonwoo's voice called out from the back, his voice jittery and weak.
Joshua and Jeonghan run to the back to find Wonwoo bloody and bruised. The back door open and a few men scattered throughout the field.
" i know you feel tired but don't sleep okay?" Joshua calmly tends to Wonwoo as Jeonghan unties him.
"He has too many bruises, there's a chance of internal bleeding, i'll call in an ambulance." Joshua says softly.
In a few minutes the siren of an ambulance was heard, followed by police cars.
After the perimedics had taken Wonwoo to the hospital where Joshua and Jeonghan will meet up with him later, the police had a few questions.
"We came here because we were backtracking where the residents of Raya Bay were living because our company had took over their homes some time ago." Jeonghan answered, expressionless and cold. he was staring the officer dead in the eyes.
"do you have more questions Officer Hwang Hyun Jin?" Jeonghan says as he continues to stare.
cold sweat dripped from the officer's forehead, the officer never gave his real name nor was he baring a name tag.
" no no it was just some questions, your alibi is airtight for me, Sir" the police young officer nervously replied as he scoots over to his police car and zooms away.

"hey what the hell just happened?" Joshua confusedly asked.
"how did you know his name? why was he so scared? what did you do?" he continued to question
Jeonghan turns to his left side and revealed that he's wearing a earpiece, there was someone on the other side.
"who?" Joshua asked, he was partially fuming with anger yet he was curious why didn't he tell him that there was someone listening all along.
" Jane, i've been ringing her often so i decided to give this a try but it was a complete coincidence that Jeon Wonwoo was getting beat up in his own house. Jane just help save our asses so i hope you can be nice to her-" Jeonghan replied before he was cut off
"-but you- you made the officer" Joshua stuttered.
" there's a dark side to power, Joshua. if you fall deep you'll drown but if you knew knew how to swim you could avoid the, bad parts, thats a way to put it. i want to solve this case, my family died because they played by the rules, that doesn't mean i want to play nice too." Jeonghan says lightly and Joshua could've swore that he saw a wave of darkness in Jeonghan's eyes as they stare into Joshua's soul. But like a flicker, a blink, his eyes were back to their warm happy selves. That truly left something in Joshua.