CHAPTER 3- The Invisibility Cloak

ALBUS SAID A WORD WHICH NONE OF THEM HAD EVEN HEARD OF. Obscurial. Before anyone could ask anything else Harry and Draco walked back into the room.

"Dad why are you still here?" asked Scorpius.

"I just wanted to check up on you one last time before I left," said Draco.

"How is she?" asked Scorpius and Harry at the same time. Draco looked down at the floor and blinked back tears.

"She's not well," said Draco "We've got a few years maybe less. We've tried everything. I'll be lucky if she lives till Scorpius's third year. But the healers say that they found something that will help her so that's there". Draco took a deep breath and changed the subject "How is Teddy and aunt Andromeda?"

"Aunt Andromeda?" asked Harry.

"Yeah, Nymphadora was my cousin so that makes Andromeda my aunt," explained Draco.

"Right I forgot," said Harry "They're good."

"Anyway, I'm surprised you're on this case. I thought you had that time turner one."

"I did," said Harry "But I'm the head of the Auror department so I changed. Time turners are crazy I'll tell you. I took one and six more popped up in it's place"

"That reminds me, Scorpy, I'm going to go, I have a report to send. If I don't send it Granger will kill me," said Draco.

"If she really wanted to do that, she would have done it years ago," said Harry.

"Anyway, Scorpius, do you want me to stay, Granger will understand," said Draco.

"I'm perfectly fine, dad," said Scorpius "I can walk now so you can leave if you want to."

"Alright, you take care of yourself," said Draco, ruffling Scorpius's blond hair. Rose, Albus, Harry and Draco left the hospital wing. Harry followed Albus to the Slytherin common rooms, but he pulled him aside before Albus could go in."

"I have something for your eleventh birthday," said Harry handing a package to Albus.

"Dad, my birthday was on September 2nd, the second day of school," said Albus "It's been a week!"

"I know I know but I was busy then," said Harry "Now, I have to go do perimeter checks so open it in your dorm room. Use it wisely."

Albus and Harry parted ways and Albus went to his dorm room. He had just kept the package on his bed when someone grabbed his shoulder. Albus instantly punched them in the face.

"Ow! Albus it's me James! What the bloody hell was that for?!"

"James, why are you here?" asked Albus

"Oh, ow, that hurts! I think you broke it," said James and he healed it with episkey. "Anyway, I wanted to see what you got for your first Hogwarts birthday. I got the Marauders Map. It's this wicked cool map that tells me where people are," James showed Albus the map and demonstrated how to use it. Albus excitedly opened his gift and saw a cloak.

"It's not fair! You gat a cool map I get a measly cloak," complained Albus putting the cloak on. Albus looked down to see how he looked but he saw his body disappear. Albus could feel his arms moving. He stuck them out of the cloak and he saw them appear.

"Wicked!" exclaimed James "You got dad's invisibility cloak"

"Yeah, I wonder what Lily will get," said Albus putting the cloak in his trunk.

"You know I never thought that I'd be right," said James "I never wanted to."

"Be right about what?" asked Albus.

"You. Slytherin," said James.

"It's alright," said Albus "You couldn't have known."

"Listen you're not evil. And as long as I'm alive I'm not going to let you be evil."

"Yeah, who knows how long that will be," joked Albus "Could be a day or two."

"Hey, I'm going to die saving the minister of magic or I'm not going to die at all!" exclaimed James "Anyway, I really shouldn't be here. If I'm caught McGonagall will give me detention... for skipping detention."

"Bye," said Albus and watched James leave the dormitories. The invisibility cloak had given him an idea. He told Rose and Scorpius about his Idea and they made a plan. That night when everyone was asleep, they snuck out to the library. The library was empty except for a few Ravenclaws reading or studying. Albus took off the cloak and gave it to Rose and she went in the restricted section of the Library. Albus and Scorpius searched every book in the library but they never found a book on Obscurials.

"Any luck," whispered Albus once Rose came back and joined the group.

"No," said Rose "There is nothing in the restricted section and that's shocking! The restricted section has everything."

"Maybe Albus heard it wrong and an obscurial thing doesn't exist," said Scorpius "Or maybe it's not called an obscurial but it's called something else."

"Maybe," said Rose "But what did kill those four students?"

"And who would go after children," exclaimed Scorpius.

"Voldemort went after kids," said Rose.

"Darth Vader from Star wars," said Albus.

"Darth who from Star what?" asked Scorpius confused.

"It's a muggle movie series. Mum used to like them as a kid so she showed them to all of us," explained Rose "They're actually quite-" Rose was cut off from the sound of the door opening and Filch entered. Albus, Rose and Scorpius quickly hid under the invisibility cloak and quietly left. Filch caught a bunch of students and took them to Mcgonagall's office.

The three of them took of the cloak and ran at full speed going away from the library. They were running too fast and Rose couldn't stop herself in time. She bumped into Harry. He turned around and said "Petrificus totalus" and Rose just froze and fell down.

"Oh, sorry Rose!" said Harry "She'll be alright, in a few minutes. What are you doing up so late?"

"We went to the library," said Albus.

"I give you an invisibility cloak and you sneak out?!" said Harry "I thought I raised you better than that."

"Well in my defense I just went to the library," said Albus "I didn't go to a corridor on the third floor to battle a three-headed dog!"

"Fair enough," said Harry "Just make sure your mum doesn't find out. She'll kill you then kill me then resurrect us and then she'd going to forbid us to leave the house and then Hermione will do the same except she'll kill me twice for body-binding Rose."