CHAPTER 18- Aftermath

ALBUS WOKE UP IN HIS OWN BED BACK IN HIS ROOM AT THE POTTER COTTAGE. He opened his eyes and saw a man with messy red hair sitting at the foot of his bed. Albus smiled recognizing the man.

"Uncle George!" said Albus smiling.

"Uncle George? Boy, Albus, I'm your Uncle Fred" Albus's eyes widened in shock.

"I'm your uncle George!" said another man who looked exactly like person sitting that the foot of the bed "Honestly, I  thought it would be easy to tell us apart now!"

"Sorry," said Albus his eyes still wide in shock "I still feel a little weak."

"You woke up just in time you know," said George.

"It's your dad's birthday!" exclaimed Fred "Sad that you slept through most of your summer holidays."

"You're awake!" screamed Rose.

"Just in time, Rose," remarked Fred "We're going to go down and tell everyone the good news!"

"We took shifts to watch over you while you were sleeping. So, how you feeling?" asked Rose once Fred and George left the room.

"Never mind that!" said Albus "Wh- How is Uncle Fred alive?"

"Shhh.. keep your voice down!" said Rose lowering her voice "But, yes, that was my reaction too. I guess that is the result of us time travelling."

"Huh?"

"Think of it like this," explained Rose "Think of the time line as a cup. We broke the cup by going back in time and we fixed it by returning to our time. Now obviously, once you fix something that's broken it's not the same as before. Hence, Uncle Fred is alive."

"What other changes happened?" asked Albus.

"Well, Umbridge is Minister for Magic." said Rose.

"WHAT?" yelled Albus and Rose burst out laughing.

"Only kidding, Minister of Magic is still mum." said Rose. She filled him in on all the changes she had observed while Albus was asleep.

"Is Lena-?" asked Albus and was quickly cut of by Rose.

"She's fine," said Rose "She woke up about half an hour before you-" Rose was cut off by the sound of foot steps climbing up the stairs. Ginny entered the room and ran over to Albus and hugged him tight.

"Don't you ever do that to me ever again!" she said.

"Don't worry mum," Albus assured her "I'm not planning on doing that again."

"On the other hand, I'm proud of you." said Ginny. Albus looked as his mum. He could see that she was crying but now she was smiling. "Why don't you come on down and we'll celebrate!"

Albus nodded and got out of bed. He walked down stairs and saw his family down stairs. Hermione was with Ron talking to Draco, Harry was with Fleur, Bill and Gabrielle, and Scorpius was with Dominique and Victoire.

Albus felt a light tap on his left shoulder and he turned his head to the left. No one was there. He felt another tap at his right shoulder and turned right but no one was there. He turned left and saw Lena.

"Hi," she said cheerfully. Albus said nothing and hugged her tightly.

"I'm so glad you're alive!" he said.

"Me too! I'm happy you're alive! We're both alive!" she said "I have to go talk to Victoire and Dominique."

Albus laced his fingers through her hand and they walked towards Victoire and Dominique.

"Victoire, Dominique, I'm so sorry." Lena apologized "I really didn't mean to kill Louis I'm so sorry and I can't imagine what you both are going through. If you never want to see me I completely underst-"

"Stop." said Victoire "I- We don't blame you. It's not your fault. You didn't choose this!"

"I know, but I had just made better choices, Louis would still be here." 

"It's the Deveraux's fault, they made you an obscurial!" said Victoire bitterly "And they are right where the belong, locked up in Azkaban, where they will spend the rest of their miserable lives!"

"Azkaban?" asked Albus "Aren't they muggles?"

"The French Minister for Magic along with Aunt Hermione, put them in Azkaban." Dominique answered "They endangered the wizarding world so they should pay for their crimes in the wizarding manner. I mean they turned a little girl into an Obscurial, killed many witches and wizards all on their own. They should pay for that!" Dominique turned to Lena again and said "By the way, you do know what we are going through. You lost a brother too!"

Albus and Scorpius left the three Delacours and met up with Rose.

"So, now what?" asked Scorpius.

"We have to tell them." said Albus "All of them about us travelling back and messing up the time line."

"Are you insane?" asked Scorpius "Why on earth do you want to do that!"

"I can't keep it up any longer!" said Albus "All of the changes, One of us is bound to slip up at some point!"

"Fine." said Scorpius and the three of them split up to call all the grown-ups. Albus approached Hermione and Ron. They were busy in a conversation with Draco so Albus just waited for an appropriate time to cut in.

"I really am sorry," said Draco "For the scar and the torture."

Hermione took a deep breath and said "You have apologized for four thousand five hundred and seventy five times ever since I got this scar. If you apologize one more time, I'm going to carve a not-so-nice word on your hand!"

"Blimey, dear, you counted?" asked Ron "Wait, what am I asking, of course you did You're Hermione Granger-Weasley."

"Um... Uncle Ron," said Albus "I need to tell all of you something."

Everyone gathered around in the drawing room and all eyes were focused on Albus.

"Rose, Scorpius, and I did something and what we did affects everyone in this room." said Albus very vaguely "Including Mr. Malfoy-"

"Please, you're my son's best friend, call me Draco." said Mr. Malfoy "Only Rose gets to call me Mr. Malfoy."

"And why is that?" retorted Rose.

"You're dating my son, that's why!" answered Draco.

"So, you really are okay with them dating?" asked Hermione surprised.

"Why is that so surprising?" countered Draco "All I really want is for Scorpius to be happy!"

"Who are you and what have you done with Draco Malfoy?" joked Ron.

"I'm right here!" said Draco "Weasel."

"Ferret!" Ron teased.

"Okay." said Ginny intervening "Why don't we let Albus talk."

"No thanks, let that continue, that way I don't get to talk." said Albus in his mind so that no one else heard it but him.

"I messed up the time line." he said out loud.

A/N: Question, what is a drawing room? I learnt it from @itsmevalarie4375 but I don't trust her that much (Sorry Val, you know I love you but after the 10:46 incident I really don't think your brain is working).