CHAPTER 9- Quidditch House Cup

ROSE COULD BARELY EAT DURING LUNCH. She kept on fiddling with her spoon and shaking her leg so violently that the table also started shaking.

"Rose, calm down!" said Albus "You're shaking the table!"

"Sorry!" said Rose "I'm just so nervous. Today's the first day of the Quidditch House cup and Lewis has us all on edge." The first quidditch match had to be rescheduled to a Saturday because of a ministry inspection. 

"Yeah you better win this one," said Scorpius.

"Why do you care?" asked Rose "You don't even like quidditch."

"I have a ledger," said Scorpius "I bet a little bit myself."

"How much?" asked Albus.

"50 galleons," mumbled Scorpius.

"What!?" screamed Rose "50 galleons! Are you mental!"

"Hey, I'll get twice as much if Gryffindor wins," said Scorpius, defending himself.

"You bet on Gryffindor?" asked Rose "Why?"

"Well, you're on the team and I believe in you," said Scorpius "And it's Gryffindor against Hufflepuff so..."

"Got any action on Hufflepuff?" asked Albus.

"Oh yeah, loads," said Scorpius "Hufflepuffs are very loyal to their own house."

"You two continue betting on... whomever," said Rose rolling her eyes "I'm going to go to practice some more."

"What practice?" said Scorpius "You're already perfect!"

"Lewis is calling us for another strategy session. As if the one on the train wasn't enough," said Rose. She left and shorty after Albus and Scorpius left the great hall. Scorpius parted with Albus to try and get some other people to bet.

"Hey Albus," Albus turned around to see who had called him. It was Lena.

"Lena, hi!" said Albus

"So Gryffindor versus Hufflepuff today, will I see you in the stands cheering for me?" asked Lena.

"I would love to but I have a cousin who is very much capable of killing me if I don't support her," said Albus.

"Right, Rose," said Lena.

"Good luck though," said Albus.

"Thanks."

"Hey can I ask you something?" asked Albus turning a little red.

"Sure, go ahead."

"Would you like to get a butterbeer with me... when we go to Hogsmeade... sometime?"

"Like a date?" asked Lena.

"Yes, no, I don't know, maybe." said Albus nervously.

"I'd love to." answered Lena "As a date."

"Cool, I'll see you then."

"See you then," said Lena. Both of them headed towards the quidditch stadium and Albus sat in some remote corner with Scorpius. Madam Hooch blew her whistle and the match begun. Albus and Scorpius watched with little interest. They focused on Scorpius's ledger. Albus paid attention towards the end of that match. The match had been going on for about four hours and no one had seen the snitch, not even the seekers. Albus hadn't noticed this before but it looked like Lily was out on the field. She looked like she was the beater for the Gryffindor team. Rose threw the quaffle through one of the hoops scoring ten points for her team and Madam Hooch blew her whistle. Everyone looked confused.

"Lena Delacour has caught the snitch. Hufflepuff wins!" said Katerina, the commentator for the match. Lewis mourned Gryffindor's loss so much that he almost fell off his broom. All the players dismounted off their brooms and the rest of the students headed back into the castle.

"I didn't know you were on the team," said Albus, catching up with Lily.

"Yeah, I was so good during Flying class that Madam Hooch let me try-out!" exclaimed Lily "She told me that Dad was also in the quidditch team in his first year! I even got his Firebolt!"

"Congratulations!" said Albus.

"There you are Albus," said Rose running towards him and Lily "Come on we have to go."

"Where?" asked Albus.

"Did you forget? Today is the first day for Hogsmeade," said Rose "Now hurry up we don't want to be late!"

"Right! Let's go," said Albus. He went with Rose to the court yards and gave Professor Flitwick his permission slip, and all the third years headed to Hogsmeade village. The third years scattered all around the village. Albus, Scorpius and Rose first headed to Zonko's Joke shop. They appeared at the door but it was closed due to renovation. Albus looked at the small lettering just below Zonko's Joke Shop sign. Now in partnership with Weasleys Wizard Wheezes. They left Zonko's and went to Honeydukes. They entered and they were greeted with the sweet smell of chocolate. Albus had never seen so much candy in his life. He grabbed as many candies and chocolates as he could and immediately bought them.

"That's a lot of candy," said Rose as they were leaving Honeydukes.

"I know. Mum doesn't allow candy at home. The thought of candy makes her sick nowadays so now I have to stock up as much as possible," explained Albus. They entered The Three Broomsticks to try butterbeer. They got their butterbeers and Albus took a sip out of his. The warm liquid went down his throat and he tried not to spit it out.

"Oh that was disgusting!" exclaimed Albus with disgust "If this is what butterbeer tastes like, I don't see why people like it."

"How can you not like butterbeer!" said Rose "You're weird! Speaking of butterbeer, didn't you have a date with Lena?"

"That's next Hogsmeade visit." said Albus "She's out celebrating with the Hufflepuff quidditch team and - wait a minute I never told you about my date!"

"You didn't need to," said Rose "It's skill that I learnt. If you really want to know something you act like you already know it."

"That's brilliant!" said Scorpius "Speaking of dates, how's Lewis?"

"He's taking the loss really seriously." said Rose "Wait, what do you mean by speaking of dates, how's Lewis?"

"Well, you are dating him so I had the common decency to ask." said Scorpius.

"What?" asked Rose, her eyes widening.

"You're dating Lewis- Ow! what the bloody hell was that for?" said Scorpius as Albus smacked him on the back of his head.

"You nimrod! Rose didn't ask what because she didn't hear you." said Albus "She said what to give you a chance to correct you're sentence."

"Never mind that!" demanded Rose "First tell me who told you I was dating Lewis?"

"I don't know." said Scorpius "I heard it through the grape vine."

"I don't even know where that rumor started from." said Rose "Lewis and I are just friends."

A/N: Butterbeer is amazing... That's all.