CHAPTER 16- 1940

ALBUS MET ROSE AND SCORPIUS IN THE ASTRONOMY TOWER WITH GOOFY GRIN PLASTERED ACROSS HIS FACE.

"Sweetie, what's wrong with Albus?" asked Rose.

"Oh, he snogged Lena so he might be a little stupid for the next two or three minutes." answered Scorpius rolling his eyes "And since when do you call me sweetie?"

"I don't know." said Rose "I thought I'd try something new but it just didn't feel right. Nicknames are not us."

"No they are not." commented Albus "Don't ever do that!"

"Glad to see you're back!" said Rose "Now, let's go!" She put the time turner around their necks and started calculating "Okay so three turns is three hour so a turn is an hour. There are 8760 hours in a year so... multiply that by the number of years we go back.. and 2... carry the one..."

"This is taking too long!" complained Albus. He took the time turner from Rose and just randomly started turning it. Albus stopped spinning it when the Astronomy tower changed drastically.

"Albus! What the hell!" screamed Rose. She ran to some nearby classroom and Albus and Scorpius followed.

Scorpius saw the date on a board "Thursday, 31st October, 1940."

"You are so lucky!" said Rose "I would have murdered you if ended up in the wrong year."

"We can't stay here for long," said Scorpius "We need to be here for as little time as possible."

"Right! Library. Where is the library?" asked Albus.

"This is the astronomy classroom so that Library must be down the hall to the right, then we take the fourth stair case to the second floor and it should the third door on the left," said Rose "Assuming that Hogwarts hasn't changed a bit for the past eighty years!"

"Or we could ask her?" said Albus tilting his head towards a Ravenclaw girl with round glasses.

The three of them approached the Ravenclaw girl and said "Hi, um... could you tell me where the library is. I'm afraid I have gotten a bit lost."

"Of course." she said slightly bitter "Just ask the most nerdy looking Ravenclaw where the library is because I spend all my time there!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you." apologized Rose "I was just lost and you were the first friendly I saw."

"Oh." she said "I wish the others had your politeness. Oh look, its Myrtle, lets bully her and say mean things. Whoever makes her cry first gets four galleons."

"I'm sorry." said Albus "I'm sorry people treat you like that, you don't deserve it."

 "A nice Slytherin? Oh that's very... unique!" said Myrle wiping her eyes which were on the brink of tears "Anyway, the library is down the hall to the right, then take the fourth stair case to the second floor and it should the third door on the left."

"Thanks!" said Scorpius and all three of them ran towards the library and left Myrtle behind. They entered the library and they looked around the library for any books on Obscurials. They decided it would be better if they split up. Rose searched the restricted section, while Albus and Scorpius searched the regular section.

"Let's just ask the librarian." suggested Scorpius.

"Are you mental?" Albus asked rhetorically "Madam Pince will recognize us in the future!"

"If you look at the librarian you will realize that Madam Pince isn't the librarian in 1940!" explained Scorpius.

"Oh, right!" said Albus. He approached the librarian and asked he for any books on Obscurials. He came back after two minutes with one big book. Rose came back from the restricted section and took the book from Albus.

"We do not have time to read all of this." said Rose looking at the thickness of the book. She looked through the book and its table on contents and found at the vary last page there was a summary. "This will have to do I guess." she said as she was reading it.

"Okay, I'm done." she said after five minutes.

"That was what five minutes!" exclaimed Albus "How did you read that fast?"

"It's a summary." explained Rose "There are only ten sentences. Forget that, we are dealing with a very powerful Obscurial here, more powerful than a regular one."

"How can you tell?" asked Scorpius.

 "Obscurials die before the age of ten." said Rose frowning "With the exception of Credence Barebone and whoever is attacking Hogwarts."

"Wait , this Obscurial is a person willingly hurting people?" asked Albus.

"No, most people don't even realize that they are Obscurials until its too late!" said Rose "They can't control when they become one or when they change back. Sort of like werewolves but they change anytime they are emotionally attacked."

"So how to we cure them?" asked Albus.

"You can't," Rose said softly "There was one person who was somehow cured but she is the only one. Jacqueline Burke."

"Jacqueline Burke?" repeated Albus "I know that name. I know how to cure the obscurial."

**********

Albus , Rose, and Scorpius  found themselves back in Hogwarts. They quietly went to the one of the classrooms and saw the date. They breathed a sigh of relief seeing that it was the second last day of school, 2020. Albus and Scorpius parted with Rose and headed to their dorms to get some sleep. Albus stayed awake for most of the night. He couldn't stop thinking about the Obscurials and what he had to do.

"You asleep?" whispered Scorpius.

"No." replied Albus.

"Can't sleep?"

"No." said Albus sitting up straight "Who do you think it is?"

"Huh?"

"Who do you think is the Obscurial?" repeated Albus.

"I don't know." replied Scorpius "It could literally be anyone."

"Who hates themselves so much that they would suppress their powers?" wondered Albus. Scorpius didn't reply but just shrugged.

**********

The next day, all of the students were in a rush. Some of them were still busy packing while the others were saying good-bye to their friends.

"Hey Albus, can I talk to you for a minute?" asked Lena with a hint of sadness.

"Yeah, sure just give me a minute I need to find Katerina." said Albus.

"Katerina?" asked Lena puzzled.

"We figured that if we can get Katerina to emotionally torture the Obsucrial they will turn and Albus will do... whatever he thinks he needs to do." explained Rose "I wish we had a little bit more time though."

"You don't need to do that." said Lena the sadness in her voice retuning again.

"What do yo mean?" asked Scorpius skeptically.

"I'm the Obscurial you're looking for."

A/N: It's not as big of twist I was hoping for but I'm in a  a time crunch right now and I really can't afford to not finish this story by the third week of November. Also some one please check my math