CHAPTER 4- Grandfather's flying car

ALBUS'S FIRST YEAR WENT BY IN A RUSH AND THE ONLY OTHER EXTRAORDINARY THING THAT HAPPENED WAS HIS FIRST YEAR EXAM RESULTS. Harry woke up Albus at the beginning of the new school year. Albus woke up groggy and looked at the time. It was ten minutes till nine which meant that Albus had just ten minutes to get ready and go to Kings Cross station. Albus started to get ready in a rush and Harry just stood there laughing.

"Dad! This is not funny!" complained Albus "I'm going to miss the train!"

"Don't worry," said Harry "James, Lily and Ginny are already at Kings Cross station."

"Dad, I know aunt Hermione is the smart one out of the three of you but shouldn't I be at Kings Cross with them?"

"No," said Harry "You are going to Hogwarts in a... different way". Albus got ready and got in the car with Harry. He drove all the way to the burrow and met Ron and Rose. They followed Harry to a red bedsheet that was covering something up. Harry and Ron took off the bedsheet and revealed a light blue Ford Anglia.

"Dad, you already have a car why did we need a new one?" asked Rose puzzled.

"Well, in our second year we drove a flying car to Hogwarts," explained Ron "So we decided to pass on the tradition and now you get to go to school in a flying car!"

"This is not the original" said Harry "We destroyed that one so now you get the replica of it, and if you try to go to Kings Cross you won't be able to cross because we sealed the barrier for the both of you"

"Does mum or aunt Hermione know about this?" asked Albus.

"No, and it is in the best interest if they don't find out, happy driving!" said Harry and him and Ron disapprated.

"I guess you're driving now," said Albus. He and Rose got into the car and Rose started flying the car. She  turned the car invisible and they flew up into the sky. They met up with the Hogwarts express after fifteen minutes of driving. Rose drove perfectly all the way to Hogwarts. She bragged about to Albus but in doing so she neglected her driving and crashed into the history of magic classroom.

"Yeah, perfect driving Rose," said Albus rolling his eyes. The invisibility juice had run out when they entered Hogwarts and that little stunt of theirs landed them in McGonagall's office. She slapped a news paper down on the table.

"We were seen!?" shrieked Rose "No, that's not possible I drove the car perfectly. I used the invisibility juice and I was very careful-"

"No, you were not seen," said McGonagall "But both your fathers were. Now, why did you think it was a good idea to come to school in a flying car?"

"It wasn't our idea," protested Albus.

"Our dads wanted us to start a new tradition," said Rose.

"Both of you have detention and so do Mr. Weasley and Mr. Potter."

"Dad and uncle Ron don't even go to Hogwarts anymore."

"Did I stutter?" said McGonagall and she dismissed them.

**********

"Detention on the first day of school," said Filch as Rose and Albus were polishing the trophies. "Must be some kind of record."

"Yes that is a kind of record. By the way where is Mrs. Norris?" asked Albus. Filch looked around and he left Rose and Albus to find Mrs. Norris. Albus put the trophy which he was cleaning back and started to walk away.

"Where are you going?" asked Rose.

"Filch left so that means detention is over," said Albus "I'm leaving."

"You can't do that!" protested Rose "We still have thirty minutes."

"Watch me," said Albus leaving Rose. He had hardly gotten few few steps when he bumped into a Hufflepuff student.

"Sorry 'bout that," she said. She had amazing blond hair and beautiful blue eyes. She was the prettiest girl Albus had ever seen. "I'm a bit clumsy," she continued.

"Hey, no worries," said Albus "We're both pretty- I mean fine, we're both fine and not injured. I'm Al-"

"Albus Potter," she said smiling "I know who you are. I'm Adelena, Delacour" There was a few seconds of awkward silence and Adelena finally said "Well I got to go to the library... I'll see you around Albus."

"See you around, Adelena," said Albus unknowingly mimicking her smile.

"Call me Lena," she said walking away.

"See you around Lena," Albus whispered to himself. He walked back towards Rose who was still polishing the trophies.

"Glad to see that you've come to you're senses," said Rose smugly "Even though I've polished all the trophies"

"Yeah no, I don't care about detention," said Albus "Do you know anything about Lena Delacour?"

"Yeah, she's Fleur's sister, Gabrielle's adoptive daughter," said Rose as they walked down the hall "Hufflepuff. I've talked to her a couple of times. She's really nice. Anyway, I need to sleep. Quidditch try-outs are tomorrow and I don't want to be late."

"Yeah," said Albus.

"Are you trying out?" asked Rose.

"You think?" said Albus "You had flying class with me last year. Do you think I'd be a good quidditch player."

"Come on you're better than thirty percent of the class," said Rose "Besides, your parents are quidditch legends. Your dad made the team in his first year and aunt Ginny played for the Holly Head Harpies. You have to try-out!"

"They were in Gryffindor and guess which house I'm in. Besides, quidditch is more of James's thing," protested Albus "He's the one that's most like them."

"You are also Harry's and Ginny's son," said Rose "I know you forget that sometimes."

"Yeah sometimes I wish I wasn't," said Albus "That way I won't feel like I've disappointed them."

"You don't mean that," said Rose and she parted with Albus and headed to the Gryffindor common room.

"Actually, I do," Albus said to himself and he headed towards the Slytherin dorms.