Chapter 6

Carina went upstairs to fix herself up and we settled for the dinning area, I shot Mr lawyer a look dead in the eye, and he looked away. I'm nervous, I don't trust him, I have a feeling he'll try doing something stupid. Luckily, I have a back up plan. He has no choice but to do what I want him to.

Mr lawyer : is everyone here? Everyone has to be here and We have to start.

He said scanning to see if everyone is hear. I was sitting besides my sister on the couch. Mother was sitting on a couch next to us and Quinn was standing sipping on some red whiskey. His eyes were red and I could tell he was losing his patients.

Mother in law : No, Carina is... Oh there she is.

She said looking up at the stairs realising she's coming on the stairs. She was now wearing a blue mini dress with black boots with a heels on them. She looked gorgeous to actually think about it, her hair was perfectly combed to the side made loose. Wait, why am I so giddy about this? Maybe because she looked pretty.

Carina made her way and sat near mother in law. She shot me a death stair and I did the same, my sister noticed and she cleared her throat.

Mr lawyer : can we start?
Quinn : please do.

Mr lawyer : this will was left by...

His phone rang. Good. Now he won't try something silly. He's very loyal to the Perez family, he worked with them for over 2 decades from what I know.

Mr lawyer : oh sorry.

He dropped the call, I shot him a death stare and motioned him to answer the phone as it rang again. He seemed to have got the message.

Mr lawyer : excuse me, I have to take this.

He said standing up and going to a private area. He came back after a while looking drained, he must have got the message.

Mother in law : Are you okay son, you look drained, is everything okay?
Mr lawyer :yes mam, I'll be fine. I'm just tired. We can start.

We looked at each other and I winked at him and swallowed hard and nodded. Poor guy, he's scared.

...

Mr lawyer : this will was written by Alexandera monero Perez on the 24th of August 2018. This will states that he leaves all his property to his ...

_A moment of silence.

"to his dear wife, Alessandra Addison Mendes."

As soon as that was said glass was thrown across the room. I turned my head a little only to see an angry brewing Quinn.

"No, I don't buy this. My brother never loved you, he never did. And besides he told me you were just a trophy wife." he said with a voice filled with anger.

I smirked at him and crossed my legs and leaned a little bit backwards resting on my back folding my arms. I'm impressed, Mr lawyer. *smirk*. Cass shifted her eyes to me and flashed an evil smile and looked back forward to the live drama that's about to take place.

Quinn : Pablo! How is this possible? Bring those papers here.

He roughly grabbed the papers.

Mother in law : calm down, it doesn't matter who's property it is. We are family at the end of the day.

She said trying to calm him down.

Quinn :mom, you don't understand! We've lost everything mom! Everything... My brother's ever worked hard for. Everything. She's evil and she'll do anything to have her hands on the property. She's not who you think she is mom!!!