Chapter 1:

Don't mind me, I got too excited and wanted to write the first chapter of this.
I might not write the second one until The Mansion is done but we'll see.
YES MORE DREAMNAP
It just hits different
————

Every single day went by the same. Dream woke up, went to school, came back, and closed himself off in his room. Over and over again.

His mom would ask him; "Why don't you try talking to other kids?"

Dream brushed it off every time. No one was interesting at his school anyway. And no one wanted to talk to him anyway, everyone made that very clear.

If they wanted nothing to do with him, he wanted nothing to do with them. Simple.

"Hi, kitty!"

Dream's eyes opened when he heard a voice. He looked over, seeing that his window was open. Patches was sitting on the windowsill just staring outside. She never tried to run away.

Dream sat up, tilting his head.

Patches meowed in response to the voice.

He went over and moved his curtans, "Patches, who are you talking to?" He asked her in a high-pitched voice.

The person in the house next door smiled, "You have a very cute cat!" He said.

Dream jumped, he forgot that someone was there. "O-oh! Thanks?" He looked over. Dream was met with a boy, about his age, with black hair and deep blue eyes.

"What's her name?" He asked Dream.

Dream patted his cats head, "Patches."

"It suits her. My name is Sapnap!" He smiled brightly.

"Uh.. I'm Dream." Dream looked around, nervously, "I don't think I've ever seen you at my school."

Sapnap nodded, "Yeah, I'm homeschooled. I like your name, Dream. Very unique."

Dream chuckled softly, "Yeah..? Yours is pretty unique too."

"Then we have something in common!" Sapnap laughed, "Hey, there's a cool forest-y place around here, right? Wanna meet up there?"

Dream thought about it for a bit. He could practically hear his mother telling him he needs to talk to more people, so he nodded. "Yeah, sure."

"Five minutes!" Sapnap disappeared from his window. Dream took a deep breath, petting Patches.

"Well, I better go." He gave her a little kiss on her head, and then threw his hoodie on. "I'll be back, Patches." He said to her, before leaving his house.

Dream walked to the area behind his house. He looked around and saw Sapnap sitting in the grass, staring at something.

Dream walked over, "Hey."

Sapnap looked up, gasping. "Whoa you are tall!"

Dream laughed, "Yeah, I am." He sat down beside Sapnap, suddenly feeling very shy and awkward. "So... why do you wear two shirts?" Dream noticed that Sapnap wore a black long-sleeved shirt underneath a white t-shirt.

Sapnap stuck his tongue out, "Cozy. You have to a problem with that?" Sapnap asked, jokingly.

Dream shrugged, "I guess not, just not something I'd wear."

"Oh, I can tell. You seem like the type of person to wear a hoodie every single day, even in the summer." Sapnap said, making Dream gasp dramatically.

"I feel so called out right now." He laughed with Sapnap.

Sapnap sighed contently, "So, Dream, what are your interests?"

Dream paused, taking a moment to think about it. "Well... I'm not sure. I don't do much outside of school, just fuck around on my computer."

Sapnap nodded along to what Dream was saying, "That still sounds interesting."

"What are your interests?" He asked Sapnap.

"Hmm... Music.. butterflies" He shrugged, "Not much now that I think about it."

"Butterflies, huh?" Dream looked at Sapnap, "That's cool."

Sapnap nodded, smiling, "Have you ever heard of the myth about butterflies?"

"Uhhh..." Dream looked up, thinking, and then he shook his head, "No, I don't think so. Care to share?"

Sapnap nodded, "I'd love to." He chirped, "Well... There's these special butterflies, they're invisible to most people but some people can see them.." Sapnap explained, moving his hands as he spoke, "Heh.. It's hard to explain but... everyone has their own butterfly, and they're like.. comfort! When you're sad, they come and try to comfort you."

Dream blinked, trying to understand. "Huh... interesting."

"Sorry I'm not great at explaining, but I'm really interested in that myth. It's like those soulmate things, but not really!" Sapnap turned to Dream.

Dream smiled slightly, "Yeah.. sounds cool though."

Sapnap looked up at the sky, "Well... I should head home soon."

Dream nodded slowly, "Yeah... same."

Sapnap stood up, holding his hand out to help Dream. "I'll see you later, Dream. Tell Patches I said hello again!" He walked back to his house.

Dream watched him go, smiling slightly. Die the first time in years, he felt glad to have spoken to someone else.

Someone who didn't make fun of him, or anything. Sure, Sapnap was pretty weird, but Dream didn't think that was a bad thing.

Dream went home, taking out a pen and paper. He started to write, which was something he hadn't done in a while.

Dream stared at what he wrote and then cringed at himself, "God this is so cliché." He groaned, but continued to write. It's not like he was going to show anyone.