Chapter 6:

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry it's been so long
I was planning to get it done last weekend but forgot and now I'm recovering from having my wisdom teeth pulled
It's all just wack
————

"You didn't go to school today."

Dream opened his mouth but was quickly interrupted. "I know what you're going to say. It's not going to work on me this time." Dream's mother crossed her arms.

Dream looked down at the ground, avoiding eye contact.

"Where have you been?"

"Out with a friend..."

"The boy next door?"

Dream nodded, and his mother sighed.

"That boy is not a good influence." She shook her head, "I don't think you should keep talking to him."

Dream glared at her, "I like him, so I'm going to keep talking to him."

"Dream, I just want what's best for you."

"I'll stop skipping school. But I'm not going to stop hanging out with him." Dream then walked to his room.

He could hear Sapnap listening to music, so he listened too. He laid down on his bed, petting Patches who came to join him.

Listening to the music, Dream felt himself slowly drift off to sleep.

***

Dream opened his eyes, noticing that he wasn't in his room. He was outside, at his and Sapnap's spot.

He started to walk into the foresty area that was nearby. He stopped walking once he reached the pond and he looked up.

He saw Sapnap on the other side of the pond, staring intently into the water. "Sapnap?" Dream called out, but Sapnap didn't answer.

Dream reached out to Sapnap, quickly jumping back when Sapnap stepped into the water. Dream watched as Sapnap completely disappeared and never came back up.

***

Dream jolted awake, panting heavily. Patches let out a meow after being disturbed from her sleep.

Dream sat up, "Sorry, kitty." He mumbled, he looked outside and it was dark. He reached for his phone, checking the time.

1:30 AM

He had a text message from Sapnap.

"You okay? Heard you mumbling quite loudly." Sent a few hours ago.

Dream blinked, nodding as if Sapnap would somehow know. His mind was a little foggy from just waking up.

He didn't pay much attention to the time, obviously, because he sent Sapnap a text back.

"yeah just a bad dream"

He set his phone down and closed his eyes, attempting to go back to sleep. A small buzz startled him and he squinted to look at his phone again.

"Okay! Just worried."

Dream smiled slightly, "shouldn't you be sleeping?"

"Yes I should, but I don't wanna."

Dream shrugged, "fair enough" He felt his phone buzz again, but he was too tired to answer.

His eyes closed again and he drifted off into sleep once more.

Patches stared at Dream for a few seconds before she went to the window, staring into Sapnap's room. She let out a meow to catch the boy's attention.

Sapnap peered out his window and smiled, "Hey, Patches." He whispered. "Is Dream sleeping?"

Patches didn't answer. She is a cat. But Sapnap figured that he was. "Good." He yawned, stepping away from the window. "I should sleep too but..." He shrugged, leaving his room and then going outside.

He made his way to his and Dream's spot to stare at the stars. Stars were another interest of his, but they weren't as big as butterflies.

He flopped down onto his side, just staring. He closed his eyes, enjoying the cool breeze. It was calming, and was a nice distraction from his.. not very good life.

He took a deep breath, checking his phone occasionally before heading back home. And once he was back in his room, he collapsed into his bed and immediately fell asleep.