Chapter 3:

Yo speak your truth

I'm so tired lmao
————

Dream and Sapnap sat in the grass in a comfortable silence. It lasted a few more minutes before Sapnap broke it.

"Can I show you something cool?" He turned to Dream.

Dream looked at Sapnap and nodded, "Yeah." He and Sapnap stood up, and Sapnap led Dream deeper into the forest.

Dream decided to crack a joke, "You know.. the way you're leading me into the forest, it's like you're planning to kill me."

Sapnap stopped to laugh, "Sorry, it does seem like that doesn't it?"

Dream grinned, "Don't worry about it. I'm sure I could fight you off."

Sapnap gasped, "Wow! Just because you're tall doesn't mean you're stronger than me!"

"It totally does!"

Sapnap crossed his arms, "I can't believe you. I just want to show you my special hideout, but you're being sooooo mean."

"Okay fiiine. I guess I'm sorry."

Sapnap stuck his tongue out, "Apology accepted."

They continued walking, playfully arguing with each other. Soon Sapnap stopped and crouched down. Dream looked down, seeing a pond. "Huh.."

"Pretty right? It's especially pretty when the stars are out and you can see their reflection. It's the best!" Sapnap grinned, giggling.

Dream nodded, "Yeah.. it is pretty."

Sapnap stared down into the water, "Surprisingly, it's very deep."

Dream hummed in response. He stared at his reflection, before he laid down on his back.

Sapnap glanced at Dream, and then laid down beside him. "So how was your day today?"

Dream shrugged, "School was boring." He huffed, "It seems like it's dragged on for way too long."

Sapnap was quiet for a few seconds, "I shouldn't suggest this but.. do you wanna skip tomorrow? We can hang out some more."

"Hmm..." Dream thought. No one would miss him at school, his teachers barely noticed him. "Sure, what should we do?"

"Not sure.. We can come back here, go to a park, hang out with your cat." Sapnap suggested.

Dream laughed, "I'm sure Patches would like to hang out with you."

"Hell yeah, she would!" Sapnap grinned.

Half an hour passed, and the two started to head back to their houses. Dream said his goodbyes to Sapnap, and then went inside.

When he was inside his room, he set himself down at his desk. He grabbed his pen, and started to write some more.

Dream stopped writing when he heard music. He went quiet, looking out his window. He caught a glimpse of Sapnap walking through his room, singing along to the music that was playing on his phone.

Dream chuckled and continued to write. Sapnap had a weird taste in music. Dream carefully folded the paper, this time drawing a butterfly on it.

Well, it was supposed to be a butterfly, it didn't look very good though. Dream shook his head, folding it some more before he flopped down onto his bed.

Dream focused on the music coming from Sapnap's room, and he soon fell asleep.

***

Dream woke up to Patches meowing. He sat up and saw her at the window again. He grunted and pet her, "Morning, Patches..."

"Morning, Dream!" Sapnap greeted in a silly voice, and then giggled.

Dream grinned, "And morning, Sapnap."

Sapnap waved, "Did you think of anything that you want to do? I was thinking we could look for butterflies!"

Dream nodded, "I haven't thought of anything.. but that sounds like it could be fun."

Sapnap nodded, "Yes! I'll meet you outside in ten!" He said and then disappeared from the window.

Dream looked at Patches, petting her. He then grabbed the note that he wrote the night before, stuffing it into his pocket.

He left the house, thankful that no one was home. He looked around when he was outside, noticing that Sapnap was waiting. Dream rushed to Sapnap's house, placed the note, and then went to meet him.