Chapter 4:

My new Minecraft skin has AirPods in, he can't hear us
————

Dream ran over to Sapnap, "Hey!"

Sapnap grinned, "Hi!" He was basically bouncing in excitement, "Okay, come with me." He snatched Dream's hand and started running.

Dream yelped in surprise, running with Sapnap. "Where are we going?" He asked.

Sapnap didn't answer, just kept running until they reached a flower patch. "Here!"

Dream looked around, amazed. "Whoa.. this is nice."

Sapnap nodded, crouching down by the flowers, "I usually find butterflies around here..." Sapnap lowered his voice.

Dream sat down beside Sapnap, also looking. "Sooo..."

Sapnap was quiet. He was focused on a butterfly that was on a flower petal. Dream tilted his head, watching Sapnap reach his hand out.

Dream copied Sapnap's movements, slowly reaching for a different butterfly. He let the insect crawl onto his finger and he watched it in amazement.

Sapnap looked over, smiling. "You caught one too!" He showed off the butterfly that he was holding. Its yellow wings opened and then closed repeatedly.

Dream stared down at the butterfly he caught. It's wings were orange, so Dream assumed it was a monarch butterfly.

If he were to be honest, he didn't know much about them or the different species of butterflies.

Dream was worried about scaring the butterfly away, so he was as still as a rock. Sapnap watched Dream, and then stifled a laugh as a butterfly landed on his head. "I think they like you."

"Yeah..?" Dream glanced at Sapnap, smiling halfway.

Sapnap looked back into the flower patch, letting the butterfly that was currently on his finger fly away. He paused, eyes wide when he saw a flash of green in the flowers.

He watched closely for another flash of green, and sure enough, a bright green butterfly passed by. Sapnap's eyes were locked onto the butterfly.

It landed on Dream's shoulder, making Sapnap gasp quietly. He and Dream met each others gazes, but Sapnap didn't speak up about what he saw.

Dream smiled at him, and then looked at the flowers, quietly.

"Hey, Dream?" Sapnap said after a few minutes passed.

"Yeah?" Dream turned to Sapnap.

"Um.." Sapnap went quiet. "Nevermind." He laughed awkwardly, "It's getting late.. I think we should head back."

Dream paused, "Oh yeah.. I should get home before anyone else does. My parents won't take too kindly to me skipping school." Dream said as he stood up, he held out his hand to help Sapnap up.

Sapnap took Dream's hand, smiling. They walked back to their houses together.

Sapnap waved goodbye to Dream, stopping at his door when he saw another folded paper. Sapnap glanced at Dream's house, seeing Dream walk inside.

He smiled and carefully placed the paper into his pocket before also going inside.

Sapnap was greeted by the uncomfortable sound of silence when he closed the door. He stood at the front for a moment, before rushing into his room.

He flopped down onto his bed, unfolding the paper and reading it. He smiled brightly as his eyes scanned over the words over and over again.

Sapnap took his phone, and started to play his music.