Chapter 2:

This is poggers
————

After meeting Sapnap, Dream felt a little more motivated during the day. He would go to school, and then when he got home, he'd wait at his window for Sapnap.

Every time he and Sapnap would hang out, Dream found himself writing more and more when he'd return home. He'd mostly write very sappy love letters for.. he didn't know who they were for. And once they were finished, Dream would throw out the paper.

"Hey, Dream!" Dream heard Sapnap calling out to him, and he moved his curtains.

"Yeah?"

Sapnap looked at Dream, holding up his cellphone. "Wanna exchange numbers? Just in case we can't always meet at the window we can still talk?"

Dream blinked and then nodded, "Oh, yeah sure. Give me a second." Dream crawled onto his bed, looking for his phone. It took a little bit, but Dream eventually found it. "Okay so..."

Sapnap grinned, as Dream told him his number. Sapnap entered the number into his phone, and then sent a message.

Dream checked his phone, smiling slightly. Sapnap sent him a butterfly emoji. "Cool.."

Sapnap giggled, "Yeah! I can't wait to talk even more often!"

"Same here.." Dream glanced at Sapnap, who set his phone down.

"Well, I should go. I have to grab some things from the store."

Dream nodded, "Alright.. I'll talk to you later." Sapnap smiled at Dream before he left.

Dream sighed. He turned toward the trash can in his room. Seeing crumpled up pieces of paper. Dream hesitated before he took one of the papers out. He tried his best to flatten it out, before cleanly folding it.

Dream rushed outside, taking note that Sapnap was gone. He made his way over to Sapnap's house, before he placed the paper onto the door handle. It was sort of hidden, so that the wind wouldn't take it away, but not hidden enough so Sapnap couldn't see it.

Dream ran back home, rushing to his room and he screamed into his pillow. "What have I done, Patches?"

Patches meowed in response. She just stared at Dream.

"I didn't sign my name so.. he doesn't know it's me." Dream glanced towards his window. A smile crept onto his face.

Dream laid down on his bed, petting Patches, who jumped up to lay with him.

***

Dream gasped, startled by his phone buzzing. He reached over to check it.

Sapnap sent him a message, "Dream!"

Dream blinked, smiling as he answered. A simple, "yes?"

Dream watched as the three dots popped up. Then Sapnap replied, "Guess who just got a love letter?"

Dream chuckled, "i dont know me?"

"Me!" Sapnap then sent a picture. It was of the letter he wrote, but the photo was very blurry, like Sapnap couldn't sit still for a second.

"wow who sent it?"

Sapnap took a moment to respond, "I don't know"

Dream sighed in relief, and then jumped as his phone buzzed again. "Meet me at our spot"

Dream sent a simple "ok" before he got up and went to meet Sapnap.

Sapnap was waiting, and then he looked at Dream, smiling brightly. "Hey!"

Dream waved, "Hey. So, love letter, hm?" He teased.

Sapnap laughed, "I know, crazy right?" He stared down at the paper, "I don't know who it could be.. I don't have many friends aside from you."

"Ooo, a secret admirer. Maybe they watch you as you leave to the store." Dream grinned.

Sapnap laughed, shaking his head, "Nooo! That's so creepy!" He sat down.

Dream sat with him, laughing. "So you don't have many friends either?"

Sapnap shook his head, "No. You don't get to meet many people when you're homeschooled." Sapnap looked up at the sky, "Also I'm kind of considered a weird kid." He laughed softly.

Dream shrugged, "I guess you could consider me that too." Sapnap turned to Dream. "I try to distance myself from everyone. I don't like anyone there."

Sapnap looked down to his feet, humming. "Do you think.. if I went to your school, you'd do the same to me?"

Dream went quiet, thinking. "Probably not.." He smiled slightly.

Sapnap laughed, "I must be special." He teased Dream.

Dream rolled his eyes, "Don't ruin this moment, you."