1.03

~

~

"Goldilocks!"

"Sirius!" She beamed at the boy who addressed her as soon as she entered the room, quite fond of his company even if it wasn't very common.

He winked playfully at the happy girl who floated into the room with a wide smile on her lips and a sparkle in her eyes. "You know it."

Alice was about to take her seat at the desk in front of Sirius Black- who had his legs propped up on the empty chair beside him with his arms behind his head- but she suddenly paused with the realisation that the Black boy was early to his lesson, something she had never seen before. It was suspicious to say the least, especially considering there were only three other people in the classroom so far. Usually his entrance would come just as their Professor would begin to talk, which of course was always infuriating for whichever teacher they were under the guidance of at that moment, but it earned a lot of laughs from the students. At one point, Alice had suspected the boy would wait just outside until the right time to annoy the class on purpose, but her theory was proved wrong when she saw him running up the Astronomy stairs on a day she too was running late.

Her smile slowly disappeared, eyes narrowing. "What's going on?"

"What do you mean?" Sirius continued to watch her glance around the classroom suspiciously, a not-so-innocent smirk upon his own face.

"You're early."

"So are you."

"But you're never early." She picked up her bag from where she had dumped it onto the desk, but slowly as if it would set off some bomb if done too quick (she feared it actually would), then took a few steps back.

"Minnie made sure James and I were separated in as many lessons as possible. Said we were a distraction to the class and never got the work done. The cheek of that woman!" Sirius shook his head dramatically, but Alice continued to stare at him unmoving.

"She isn't wrong."

"You did not-"

"Sorry." She shrugged a little. "But why does that mean you're suddenly like the second one here?"

He gasped. "Second!? I'll have you know I was first, Goldilocks. Even before Christina over there."

"Well then well done Sirius, you've mastered the art of time, however-"

He gasped once more, this time louder, and swung his feet down so he was sat normally. "Was that really sarcasm? From our sweet little Alice? I thought there was nothing but sunshine and rainbows and butterflies in that cute little head of yours."

She tried not to smile, repressing as best she could the blush she could feel coming, but it didn't work and soon she was grinning at the boy. "I know you're trying to distract me from whatever you've done to the room."