2- Getting settled in

Kenna's P.O.V.

We landed in New York at 6:00 pm. We ate dinner on the plane so that's one less thing I have to worry about tonight.

The kids and I jumped into a taxi at the airport and we headed to our new home.

The taxi pulled up to a cute little apartment building with a black door. I opened the door and Mason and Aubrey took off running to explore. Ivan had our stuff delivered here yesterday, so we have some unpacking to do.

"Oh my gosh mommy, look!" Aubrey squealed.

"I love this place." Mason yelled.

"This place was a lot fancier than what I was planning on having. Ivan likes to spoil us apparently." I said, tickling them both, "Come on sweethearts, let's start unpacking."

I let the kids unpack their toys, while I put away all their clothes.

When we were done with their stuff I gave them a bath and changed into their pajamas.

"Mommy, can you read us a book before we go to sleep?" Aubrey asked.

"Of course, honey."

Mason and Aubrey jumped into Mason's bed while I grabbed a book. I laid down next to them and started reading. It didn't take long until they were fast asleep.

I picked Aubrey up, laying her down in her bed. Tucked them both in and left the room.

I started unpacking some of my stuff until I was too tired and fell asleep.

****
The next morning I woke up early and showered before the twins woke up. I just finished putting the last of my clothes away when Mason and Aubrey came in.

"I'm staaaaaarving." Mason said, falling down on my bed dramatically.

"Let's get dressed, then we'll go eat and pick up some groceries, so you don't die." I joked.

"Yaaaay." Both Mason and Aubrey screamed and ran into their bedroom.

I was getting their clothes out, when there was a knock at the door.

"Stay here!" I demanded.

Both Mason and Aubrey nodded their heads and sat on the bed.

I went over to the door and looked through the peephole.

Bryan.

"Kids, it's okay

"Kids, it's okay. It's Uncle Bryan."

I opened the door and gave Bryan a big hug.

"Hey, kid," He smiled and gave me a big hug back. "I brought your baby." He let go of me and motioned towards my 1969 mustang.

I smiled at him

I smiled at him. "Thank you, when did that arrive?"

"Late last night. How's the new place? You like?" He asked, handing me the keys.

"It's great, a little much but great."

"Well you know Ivan, nothing is too much for you." He said, walking in the door.

"UNCLE BRYAN!" Mason and Aubrey yelled.

I'm glad Aubrey warmed up to Bryan. Aubrey has an extreme fear with men. I'm guessing it has to do with what happened to our parents. Even though she was so little, I think deep down she still remembers. It's not really all men, it's large men with tattoos. The only men she actually likes with tattoos is Ivan and now Bryan.

"Hey there munchkins, who's hungry?" Bryan asked.

"Meeeeee." They both responded, raising their hands.

"Great, because I'm treating you and your mommy to some breakfast."

I got my keys, and we headed out the door.

Bryan drove my car and showed me the grocery store that was a few blocks over, and the park that was just around the corner. We got to the restaurant and the waitress took us to our table.

"So how was your trip?"

"It was good, besides being on a plane for eleven hours."

Bryan started laughing. "Yeah, I don't really enjoy that either."

We made small talk, and when our food came and the kids we're distracted Bryan leaned in, "There's a fight Friday night, you want in?"

"Yes, I need to find a sitter for them first."

"I'll text you directions, this club is my baby. People are going to be super excited the 'Dark Knight' will be fighting there."

"More like surprised, I love watching their faces when I reveal I'm a girl." I chuckled.

****
After breakfast we all went to the grocery store. Bryan insisted on paying, even though I had enough.

I dropped him off at his home and we headed back to our apartment. We unloaded our groceries and finished unpacking the last of our stuff.

Tomorrow we start school.