12-The house that broke me

Kenna's P.O.V.

The next morning I woke up and I was sore. I rolled over and snuggled into my babies.

"Mommy, what happened to your cheek?" Mason cried out.

Aubrey sat up and looked too.

She gasped, and gave me a big hug.

"You guys, mommy's fine. You know how I tell you guys not to run in the house? Yeah, well this is why. I tripped when I got home. I promise you, it doesn't even hurt."

I got up and went into the bathroom. The kids came in as I did my business. I got up and looked in the mirror, My eyes widened as I looked at my cheek.

"See, not bad at all." I flat out lied, it looks terrible.

They just stared at me, they knew I was lying.

"Okay, so it kind of hurts a little. I promise, I'll be fine."

I got the kids clothes out and told them to change while I went and took a quick shower. Once I was out and changed, the kids came in and we all brushed our teeth. I was applying more make-up than I normally do to try and cover up my horrid looking cheek.

We headed downstairs, where everyone is already up and getting ready to eat breakfast.

Kay came up and gave me a big hug and examined my face.

"I'm so glad you kicked his ass." Kay whispered.

I started laughing, I really did love this woman.

She brought me over to the table and sat me down next to Nick, with Mason and Aubrey on the other side of me. We were all eating when I got a text from Ivan letting me know he would be there shortly.

"Ivan is on his way. Ms. Kay, are you sure you're okay watching them today? I can always see if Alice can watch them instead?"

"Nonsense, I'm off from the bakery today and we had so much fun last night. It's no problem at all."

Ivan and Bryan walked in, I gave Mason and Aubrey a big hug and kiss and the boys and I headed out.

****
I was quiet on the way to my parents house as the guys made small talk. I wasn't sure what I was going to feel once we got there, and I wasn't sure what I was going to find. What I did know was I had an amazing team with me. I looked around the SUV, I was happy they had my back and so willing to help me.

We pulled up to what was once the house I called home. It was run-down looking, even though Ivan had someone mowing and weeding around the house. It just wasn't the same.

Everyone got out, I took a deep breath and followed.

I heard Alec giving his men that were in the other two vehicles, some orders to keep an eye on the outside of the house.

"You doing okay, sweetheart?" Ivan asked, holding out his hand.

I gave him a small smile and nodded. I took his hand and we went to the front door.

Ivan turned off the security system he had set up, and then unlocked the door.

The door swung open, and we walked in. Memories of walking into the house the last time flooding my mind with Mason and Aubrey's faint cries...

I stopped and closed my eyes.

"McKenna, sweetheart... Breath." Ivan instructed.

He knew me too well. He knew I was on the verge of a panic attack.

I took in a deep breath and let it out, doing this a few times helped. I opened my eyes and everyone was looking at me.

"I'm okay."