6- Everyone knows

Kenna's P.O.V.

Another week passed. Friday night, I won my fight which brings me to 21 K.O's. I went straight home afterwards. My next fight wasn't for two weeks, so I had a break. The next guy I fight against is a man named Lucas, I hear he's a beast and also undefeated with 23 K.O's. I started working out a little more, getting back into that routine.

Saturday morning, I did some of my exercises to help tone my muscles. Bryan came over and stayed with the kids, while I went out for a long run. When I got back, I showered and we all headed to the park.

I sat on the park bench with Bryan while Mason and Aubrey went off to play.

"Are you still doing good here?" Bryan questioned.

"I'm good, but... Can I ask you something?"

"Sure, kid. What's up?"

"I want to start looking into my parents murder."

"Are you insane? Do you have any idea how dangerous that is? How the hell is that even possible now, it's been five years Kenna."

"I have to do something, Bryan. They need to pay for what they did."

"I agree, one hundred percent, but I also know you have two little kids that need you."

"Damn you! I know that, but how would you feel? Would you be able to just let it go?"

He sighed, "No, I suppose I wouldn't. Please don't do anything stupid, those kids need you and have been through way more than we ever could imagine."

"Mommy, look what I can do." Mason was swinging from the monkey bars.

"Mommy, I can pump so high." Aubrey beamed, so proudly.

They continued to show me all these different things they could do.

We headed home and I told the kids to get ready for a bath.

"Before I leave, you need to promise me you won't do anything stupid, Kenna." Bryan warned.

"I promise, as long as you promise me you will try, just try, to track these people down, and help me."

"Kenna, I will help try but you can't get your hopes up. All evidence has been locked up in the police vault."

"Really?" I asked curiously.

"With whatever evidence there was... yes, it's locked up. Maybe even destroyed by now."

I have to find a way to get that evidence.

****
What a Monday, I'm so thankful for lunch. I sit down with my little group of friends. We are talking, and joking around when an annoying voice rings out.

"Kenna? Kenna? Where is Kenna?" Laura called out for me, clearly trying to get people's attention.

Shit, I definitely don't want to deal with her today.

"Oh, look... I found you."

"What do you want, Laura?"

"Well, I wanted to apologise for our encounter the first day you came to school. I was trying to be nice, but I can see how you didn't see that. Soooo, I brought you this piece offering..."

She lifted up the box she was holding and dumped everything all over my lap and my food.

"Condoms?" Olivia asked.

"Yes, your little friend here is quite sexually active."

"What? What the hell are you talking about?" I asked.