Chapter 11

"Have you two picked a date yet?" My mom doesn't even bother hiding the excitement in her voice. Our daily phone calls usually don't last this long, but since I woke up a little earlier today we've been able to talk uninterrupted. I just told her about my decision to formally join Jasper's pack and step into my Luna position.

"No, we are waiting to see how the call goes later." I look over my shoulder into the window to check on Jasper who is still fast asleep on our couch. After we talked last night it almost felt natural for him to stay over, but I'm starting to feel bad that it's on the couch.

"You both should do what feels right no matter what happens later. This is your relationship and pack, and no one knows what's best for either of you more than you do." She has a very good point, but my insecurities are getting the best of me. I have seen the less than welcoming looks and heard the wary whispers between pack members as I walk past. They don't trust me yet, and to be honest I don't blame them.

"You're right." At the end of the day once again my mother always knows what to say to help sooth me in any situation. My mom has experienced enough hardships in her years to last multiple lifetimes, but what comes with that trauma is great knowledge.

"I only ask for one favor." Her voice raises with eagerness, and I can visualize the smile spreading across her face. "Is there any way that your father and I could be present when you hold the ceremony?" I close my eyes chuckling internally. She should know that I wouldn't want it any other way, and if it's possible I'd like the rest of the family to be here as well.

"Of course. Jasper and I will work on setting a date later, and if by some miracle we decide on one tonight all call you first thing in the morning." So far in our relationship it's either we are in complete sync together or on two totally different wave lengths, but I'm hoping after our talk last night we'll be able to work together a lot smoother than before. "How's Troy?" I haven't talked to my brother over the phone, yet and I'm worried about him. When I left there were a few small signs of acting out that to me seemed cause for concern, but my parents haven't mentioned anything bad.

"He's doing better. The first few days he didn't leave the house really, but yesterday he spent most of the day with Emeric at the training fields. Today he's shadowing your father while he runs through...." her words are drowned out because my focus zeros in on a man stomping down the main pathway with a ferocious scowl on his face. The hair on the back of my neck stands on end as his eyes drift over to me, and the lack of real emotion in them causes me to freeze up.

"I have to go." I mumble into the phone not even bothering to press end. Kicking back I bang the front door with my foot praying that it'll be enough to wake Jasper up because I'm too concerned to let this man out of my sight. I have never seen him in my short time here, but it's the evilness emitting from him that lets me know for sure he doesn't belong.

"Can I help you?" I hurry down our front steps speeding after the guy noticing a couple of pack members hiding behind homes or even trees observing the intruder. His light blonde hair is short and balding on top matching the scruffy beard that could use some upkeep. He's not a rogue because he has a familiar sense to him that leaves me guessing between two packs he could be from, but the problem is they are so far east it would have had to take him almost a week to get all the way over here by himself.

"I'm looking for Brenda Thompson." He spews her name like acid on his tongue, and I don't miss the way his hands ball into fists. Every instinct I have is going off from standing a few feet away from him. My wolf wants me to run while the deeper part of me pushing me to eliminate the danger to my pack.