Part 6

Chapter 6:

After I had left Rose I went back to the princess' dorm, making sure that she was going to be okay. I spotted her and Kirova walking across the campus. Lissa caught sight of me and gave me a sad small smile; Kirova saw this and nodded towards me.

Standing up straight I walked over to the two and was a few feet away before I stopped and bowed as elegantly as my body would allow, (considering my tall lanky form) before looking back up at Lissa. "How are you feeling princess?"

I was concerned for her; Rose's protectiveness over a fox was a red flag to me. I was also curious on what the two had been trying to hide. Hoping Lissa would tell me, since she was the more vulnerable and honest one.

She shrugged, looking down at her ballerina flats. "I'm okay I guess, just a little worried."

I looked at her questioningly. "For what? The fox?" That was a strange thing to feel worried about. Moroi weren't used to witnessing death and preparing for it like the dhampirs were. So I guessed that's why she was so shaken up about it. That and she was probably an animal lover. Seeing the sorrow in her eyes gave me the answer.

Lissa nodded, still looking at her black flats. "It was so helpless and..." She trailed off, tears flooding her eyes, threatening to spill over at any moment.

I took a quick glance at Kirova. "Let me take her to the doctor, I'm not doing anything else right now."

Kirova scowled at me. "Alright Belikov." I could tell that she didn't like being ordered around very much. But it was the only way I could be with Lissa alone. I needed to know what the girls were hiding from us.

When Kirova turned on her heel and was out of sight from the trees I half dragged Lissa across the wet grass. Her feet shuffled as she tried to stay in pace with me. She was silent the whole time, never glancing away from her feet.

My anxiety took over and I found myself stumbling over my words. "You know Lissa; if there's anything you need to tell me you can say it. I'm your future guardian. You can tell me anything." I wasn't into the whole feelings thing. I was more of the person that kept them locked up from the rest of the world. But I feared that their secret would harm both of Rose and Lissa.

She looked up at me, when our eyes met she tore hers away, focusing on the path ahead of us. "I know." She said in a quiet voice that was so small I had to strain my dhampir ears to make out the words.

I pushed further. "Is there anything I should know about?"

She shook her head, and resulted to staying silent. I sighed, deciding I wasn't going to get anything out of both Rose and Lissa.

Right when the medic's building came into view a small girl stepped in front of us. She stood there chin up as she blocked Lissa's path

. Protective instincts kicked in and I stiffened. Not realizing that I was about to attack a Moroi. My muscles begun to relax one by one as I started to recognize her. She was the one that was laughing at Rose and Lissa when they got hit with a pile of snow the other day.

Lissa looked up, eyes bugging out of her head. She looked around the girl's small form, looking for something or someone. When she was satisfied that no one else was with the girl she finally spoke. "What are you doing here?"

The little girl who could be mistaken as a middle school student scowled at Lissa. "Nothing." She smirked.

Lissa sighed. As she started to walk around the blond headed girl she lashed out at Lissa; or it had seemed like it, really, she just stopped Lissa in her tracks. But that didn't prevent me from stepping in between them. The little girl's eyes widened as she saw how fast I had moved. But that was only for a second. Then her eyes lit up as she turned that smirk on me.