𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

word count: 793

Midoriya POV

I hop off the bus and line up with my classmates to retrieve my luggage from underneath the bus.

Uraraka is standing in front of me in the line. She glances back at me as I bounce on my toes. "You're in a good mood," she observes.

"I'm really excited for camp!" I respond happily.

She beams back at me. "Me too!"

That's not the only reason that I'm a bundle of joy, though. My lips are still buzzing after Kacchan's kiss... even though it was just part of the pocky game... and also, seeing him laugh genuinely with Tokoyami and Jirou warmed my heart. I give another small jump on the balls of my feet.

"Deku."

I turn to Kacchan, who stands behind me. "Yes?"

"The line's moving forward," he says flatly.

"Oh, right," I jump forward and reach under the bus to search for my bag. "Where is it...?"

"Here," Kacchan pulls out the duffel bag. "This is yours, right?"

"Yes!" I nod. I mean, who else has an All Might-themed bag? I move to take it from him.

He holds on. "I'll carry it for you."

My heart swells. "Thank you, Kacchan!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," he grunts, trudging away from the bus.

I smile at his retreating figure.

"Well, well well," Tsuyu ribbits next to me. "Look at you two almost getting along."

I cover my face with my arms to hide my blush. "Ts-tsuyu, stop it," I laugh nervously.

"Whaaaaaat?!" Mina squeals, coming up behind Tsuyu. "OMG, I ship you and him!"

"Oui," Aoyama agrees.

"G-guys... keep it down," I plead.

"Just let us know when the ship sails," the pink-haired girl orders me.

"Shhh, stop," I shush her.

"Done," Mina makes a zipped-lips motion.

"Class," Aizawa says flatly. "The boys dorms are the left cabin, the girls on the right, and the teachers will be in the two in the middle if you need us. There are bunk beds, and you will bunk with your camp buddy. You have twenty minutes before dinner around the camp fire."

I hurry over to Kacchan.

"Let's get the best bunk," he says suddenly.

"Okay!"

We break into a run for the dorm room, the duffel bags banging against Kacchan's legs as he carries both of them. We're the first ones in the room.

"The ones by the window," Kacchan directs.

"Mmhm," I agree.

We walk over to the bunk by the small window and Kacchan plops both duffel bags onto the bottom mattress, which is made of worn blue vinyl. He hoists himself onto the top bunk. "Pass me my bag."

"Oh, right," I toss his black duffel bag up to the top bunk.

The other male classmates begin filing into the dorm room, claiming bunks with their buddies.

"Well, well," a voice drawls. "If it isn't class A's hot head..."

I look to the source of the voice. It belongs to Neito Monoma, the cocky blonde and unofficial spokesperson of Class 1-B.

"What did you call me?" Bakugo thunders from his perch on the top bunk.

"I'm sure you heard," Monoma responds smoothly. "I guess we'll see who's better over this camp... class A or class B?" he throws his head back in a dramatic laugh. "Spoiler alert! It's class B!" he waltzes away.

"I'm gonna kill that bastard!" Kacchan yells.

I laugh nervously. "K-kacchan... don't kill him," I pause, thinking how I can appease him. "We just... have to be better than class B for this whole camp! Yeah!"

Kacchan smirks evilly. "We'll be the fucking best!"

-

We crowd around the camp fire, balancing bowls of Nikujaga (Japanese beef stew) on our laps and chattering excitedly.

"Ahem," Aizawa calls our attention. "This camp isn't all going to be fun and games."

"That's right!" Vlad Kind, class B's teacher, adds. "To build class teamwork skills, you will be competing in a series of Camp Challenges, class A against class B, and at the end of the camp, we'll determine the winner based on a point system!"

"Remember," Aizawa says inexpressively. "This is all about working together, so rivalry among your class will bring you down." He looks straight at Kacchan as he says this. "The challenges begin tomorrow."

"Good luck!" Vlad cheers.

"Class B will crush you!" Monoma yells out. "So you'd better - augh!" he breaks off as an orange-haired girl slaps him over the back of the head.

"Sorry about him. May the best class win," she says sweetly.

"We admire your sportsmanship, and we will give it our all!" Iida makes wild rectangular gestures with his hands.

"Can I get a cheer, students?!" Hizashi calls out. "Go beyond...!"

"PLUS ULTRA!" everyone screams, pumping their fists in the air.