ted nivison x genderneutral!reader (part 2)

S L O W       D A N C I N G      I N       T H E       D A R K

【 S L O W       D A N C I N G      I N       T H E       D A R K 】

"as much as i hate it, i need you."

♡♡♡

a/n: haha guess who got suspended from school for a week 😼 i snuck my laptop in so i can still write. that means, if i don't get caught, i'll be able to update more! so get ready to be spammed- ps. this chapter is following teddy boi instead of y/n. (also i have nothing against ted, madi, or anyone else, it's just for the story jdfskdlj)

ted sat on the edge of his bed, head in his hands. regret clouded his mind. regret and hatred. hatred for himself, regret for his actions. he loves y/n, but he fell deeply for madi as well. he didn't know what to do, until he decided to go with madi instead. which ted realised, was the wrong choice. she didn't treat him like y/n did, she only used him for pleasure and to say she had a boyfriend. madi refused to go out with him anywhere. 

getting up, he decided to find y/n again. he knew that y/n didn't live in LA anymore, but he was determined to find them, no matter what. packing his bags, he heard the front door open. now shoving clothes and supplies into his bag, a figure appeared in the bedroom door. ted looked up to see madi, looking down at him angrily. 

"where are you going, teddybear?" she asked passive-aggressively. "i'm going to my parents house for a little while," ted lied, zipping up his bag, slinging it over his shoulder. "if you're going to your parents house, why can't i come with you babe?" madi asked, cocking a brow. "i found out my mum is dying, and i'd like to see her by myself!" ted yelled, still lying to get out of the situation. madi stayed quiet, looking down at her feet. ted took this as in invite to go, pushing past her and running out of their apartment to his car.

y/n always said they wanted to go to san diego, so that's the first place ted went to. after a 2 hour trip, he decided to stop by at a small coffee shop near the beach. finally getting there, he sat down and ordered some food. suddenly, he got a gut feeling. y/n was somewhere around here. he restlessly looked around... until he saw a person that had the same haircut and hair colour y/n had. ted stood up, and walked over to their table, until something stopped him.

they were with another guy. a guy that ted knew very well, in fact. noah. ted looked at the two of them, laughing and flirting with each other. y/n noticed, and they were no where near happy to see ted. ted slightly smiled at them, but they just glared at him with hatred in their eyes. noah must have noticed because he turned around to see what they were looking at, and he immediately stood up from his seat, walking towards me. 

"shit, um, hey ted... what's up?" noah asked sheepishly, avoiding eye contact. "what's up? is that all you have to say to me? when the fuck did you hook up with my ex?!" ted shouted, causing a scene. y/n quickly stood up too, and ran over to us. "okay, both of you stop it! ted, come with me. we need to talk,"

y/n led ted to a private-ish area. "ted, how'd you even find me?" they asked, pinching the bridge of their nose in frustration. "well, you always said how you wanted to visit san diego again... so i thought you'd be here, and i guess i was right." ted answered, leaning on the wall behind him. "what gave you the need to yell at my fucking boyfriend?" y/n demanded. ted sighed, "because i realised i made the wrong choice. i still fucking love you, y/n." 

"that isn't fair, ted. you know that's not fair!" y/n spat. ted only nodded. "can i ask, when did you and noah get together? how?" y/n cleared their throat, and looked away for a second to look at noah, nodding, before looking back at me. "well, he was the only one that actually got me through the heartbreak after you left, and i guess i fell for him from there," 

something in ted's brain clicked. he realised he should let y/n be happy with whoever they want to be and if that's not him, then it doesn't matter. if he truly loves them, he'll let them go. "you're right, this isn't fair. y/n, i'm so sorry for everything i did to you. just know, that if you're ever in need of a hand, i'm here. i love you so much. hopefully i'll see you again," 

moral of the story: don't cheat on someone then expect them to come back to you.

BAHAHAHA I'M SORRY FOR THIS 😭✋