Chapter 4: The Real Confession

The lights were off and the night had never been more silent. Inosuke was on his bed, closing his eyes and hoping that sleep would find him. He had always been a deep sleeper, but the unease in his heart was preventing him from falling asleep.

There was something that kept tugging his heart.

Inosuke didn't know when he had grown resentful towards human beings. He had accepted that people would only bring bad luck to him and his mother, thus instilling strong trust issues in Inosuke's mind.

In his school, he would prevent any kind of human interaction, except when he had gotten into fights. His knuckles were still throbbing from the last punch he forced on a bully's face.

None of the teachers would believe that Inosuke only reciprocated the beating he received from the bully. Perhaps he was born to be discriminated from the society.

Even with people watching him, nobody dared to speak up for Inosuke.

He was punished for his behaviour by cleaning the toilets of his school. Honestly, Inosuke didn't find the punishment too bad. He was away from any human contact, was left alone and he actually enjoyed running around mopping the floor.

Inosuke fell down and hit his head many times, but his thick skull was numb from the pain.

This night, casually pondering, the pain resurfaced again.

There were so much feelings that were mixed into a warp of confused emotions

There were so much feelings that were mixed into a warp of confused emotions. He was bored, his stomach was grumbling as usual and deep inside, despite him not wanting to admit it, he was craving company.

The ego in him prevented Inosuke from making friends, but he couldn't help wanting to talk to someone. It would be nice to just hang out and converse about random things.

He tossed and turned, stuck one of his feet out, hugged the bolster and forced himself to actually go to sleep. He knew it was wishful thinking to dream about having friends when people hated him.

Scared of the anxious thoughts that would destroy his mind, Inosuke wanted his mother, but she was probably already deep in her sleep.

Uncle Douma had been organizing more projects in under his company, and he seemed to prefer Kotoha's presence around him.

Uncle Douma claimed that his mother was a great partner, but he had such a menacing aura that Inosuke couldn't trust him, even after he had helped them.

Kotoha had always been away from the house and each time she was back, she would be too exhausted to open her eyes.

Sometimes, she crashed on the sofa and Inosuke would lift Kotoha onto her bed. He was glad he had a pair of strong arms and brimming muscles.

Thinking about people, Inosuke felt lonelier. Like a creeping ghost, as his arms were wrapped around the bolster, a sudden thought just passed into his head.