Chapter 10: The First Kiss

A/N: I'm continuing this book! I apologise for those who waited and I totally understand if you decide to take this book out of your reading list. The ones that matter are those who stay! Thank you!

Since Inosuke was back from ditching a class, Aoi noticed that he kept avoiding her.

She couldn't really explain why she had felt that way, but Inosuke would always avert his gaze each time Aoi caught him staring at her, or he would find other means to keep himself distracted.

Even taking notes and reading the textbooks.

Curiouser and curiouser.

Moreover, he began acting weird after going to the gym. Aoi didn't know that Inosuke had witnessed Tomioka-sensei and Shinobu-sensei in a manner that students weren't supposed to see.

It had affected him.

Inosuke's face was red and his eyes stared at the ground. For some reason, he didn't ditch the other classes as if he was traumatised with what just happened. Aoi wondered if he had a fever, especially when the weather was cold.

During lunch, she formally stood up and walked over to Inosuke's table. Aoi queried, "Inosuke-san, do you feel okay? I know I should've scolded you for ditching, but your face is kind of red and blotchy."

Aoi tried her best to show that she wasn't caring for him more than what she should towards her classmates. Inosuke gazed at her lips, but once Aoi began bringing her palm to his forehead, he noticed how close they were and accidentally jerked his seat away.

"Ack! I'm fine! Why do you have to pretend like you care about me anyway?!" Inosuke roared, which left Aoi appalled in her stance.

"I'm just looking out for all my classmates. If you'd caught a fever, I'll send you to the nurse's office," Aoi retorted, maintaining her composure as she brought her free palm into one pocket.

She understood that he acted with hostility to hide their relationship, but she was tacitly hurt by his response. Aoi was worried if he was sick, specifically when she found out about the bruise on his head.

And of course, he refused to tell her about it.

"I'm fine. Leave me alone," Inosuke hissed, stood up and walked out of the class.

"Fine! Don't come looking for me if you need help!" Aoi exhorted and stomped out, hitting Inosuke's shoulder in the way.

The other classmates were watching them with such astonishment and confusion to respond

The other classmates were watching them with such astonishment and confusion to respond. They all basically froze and watched the drama. Normally, Tanjiro would stop these two from fighting, but he couldn't.

He had noticed that Aoi and Inosuke had been suspiciously fighting since they met. If people had known each other for some time, they would become friends by now. Seeing them always contradicting each other seemed almost...like it was planned.