An explanation

So I've noticed a few comments confused as to why Willy was looking for an heir even though the reader was literally hours from popping Amelia out her coochie so imma give a quick explanation.

Pretty much I mentioned in the bio that Willy had been alone in the factory for 10 years (if we're not including workers and Oompa Loompas) and although he was a bit of a dick when he said you shouldn't have family hanging over your shoulder, he did actually feel lonely during that time.

 Although he came up with ideas more easily it also put more stress on him to perfect it and he didn't want that to happen with his child (he did think he was only going to have one, but that second child really decided to say hello to the world)

So he thought that if he found another person to help his child run the factory that she won't be as lonely as he was. Because although he loves making candy it's not something he's going to pursue for long.

And besides, he's rich enough to retire a few times so money wouldn't be a problem.

The reader would also most likely move away when Amelia was old enough to look after herself and would visit often.

And I'm going to also add that Amelia and Charlie will never end up together. I have nothing against age gaps especially since I have daddy issues and will most likely end up marrying someone like 20 years older than me (too personal? Soz)

But Charlie witnessed Amelia growing up with his own two eyes. He saw Mr Wonkas child go from baby to young woman and he sees her as a sister and not as a lover.

Amelia however does have a brief crush on Charlie because who doesn't have a crush on ✨Freddie Highmore✨ but that's mainly because she is constantly around him. But the attraction disappears after a few months.

So hopefully that cleared a few things up

Also side note: wouldn't it be funny if Amelia ended up with Mike TeaVee XD jkjk

unless....