Starting the Day

A loud knocking sound from somewhere outside your room rudely awakens you from your slumber.

You slowly open your eyes, and see that Charlie is also struggling to stay asleep. Her eyes remain closed, but every time the sound resumes, her body fidgets slightly.

"Turn that alarm off, babe..." she faintly mumbles, still half asleep.

"Okay." you whisper back. You slowly get out of bed, making sure that Charlie is still fully under the covers and comfortable before standing up.

Looking at the alarm clock sitting on the nearby nightstand, you grumble. It's only 5 A.M.

The knocking sound happens again, and you slowly shake your head. It's coming from the other side of your room door.

You open it, and see the demon overlord himself, fully dressed in his white suit and beaming his typical wide grin.

"Lucifer..." you say quietly, sleepily rubbing an eye. "Do you even know what time it is right now?"

"It's Monday, at five in the morning." he states matter-of-factly. "Now let's see some redemptions!"

"Classes don't start until nine." you say. "And you can't... force a demon to be redeemed. Only God can choose whether or not they're ready."

"That's stupid." he says.

"Well, that's how it works." you reply, flatly. "I'll give you the full rundown in the morning, now can I get back to bed?"

"Fine, fine." he groans. "Could I at least know where the classroom is, so we can meet up?"

"Room 404." you reply.

"Excellent, see you there!" he says with a wave.

"...yeah." you say back, softly closing the door as he takes his leave.

Turning back around, you can see Charlie sitting up in bed, looking at you with a nervous expression.

"That was Dad, wasn't it?"

"Yep." you say, shrugging your arms. "And apparently he's an insomniac or something, because he wanted us to start doing redemptions right now."

"Right now?" she asks, quickly looking over at the alarm clock. "At five in the morning?" You nod your head in response.

"What did you tell him?"

"In as polite of a way as possible, to 'fuck off'." you say with a small laugh, before getting back under the covers with Charlie.

"Seriously?" she asks with concern.

"Well, kind of. I just told him that classes start at nine, and where we have them."

"Okay..." she says, slowly lowering her head to the pillow.

"Don't worry, hon, we'll get through this. As far as I'm concerned, Lucifer is basically just Alastor 2.0."

"Pretty easy to see why they're friends." she says, giving a small laugh.

"I was thinking the same thing." you giggle, before giving her a quick kiss on the lips. "Night babe, I'll wake you up at 8:00, if you sleep through the alarm again."

"Sounds good... night." she says, closing her eyes and almost immediately falling back asleep.

You stare up at the ceiling and sigh, before closing your eyes as well.

You have one Hell of a day ahead of you, it seems.

—————————————————————————