The Confrontation

Back in her regular form, Charlie heads downstairs with Sir Pentious' strange voice changer, to confront her father.

He had to have known about this. Maybe even the whole thing.

In your eyes, this only confirms your earlier suspicions. Lucifer had to have been planning a take-over of the hotel since the beginning. Maybe by working with Sir Pentious, the two of them would rule Hell together?

The only thing that confuses you is his reaction to the Ascension Room. It was largely positive, so... what is his current goal? Does he still want to enact his plan?

Hopefully, all your questions and more will be answered soon.

You and Charlie are currently standing at the closed door to room 666.

"Here we go." Charlie says quietly. Taking a deep breath, she gently knocks on the door.

It promptly swings open, and Lucifer offers a friendly smile upon seeing his daughter.

"Ah, Charlotte! What brings you here?"

"Hey Dad. Uh... can we come in?" she asks.

"Of course, my dear!" he says. "It is your hotel, after all."

"Hopefully it'll stay that way, too..." you quietly mumble.

"What was that?" Lucifer asks, turning his attention to you.

Charlie forcefully nudges you with an elbow. Clearly, she isn't ready to directly accuse him of doing anything.

"Oh it's nothing, don't worry about it!" Charlie says with an uneasy smile.

"Charlotte... I can tell when someone's lying to me. What's on your mind?"

She sighs and looks to the floor, before presenting him the mysterious voice changer. Lucifer's smile abruptly disappears. "We found this..."

Initially, he doesn't say anything, only gazing upon the 'Voice Imitator 5000' in her grasp. After a moment of terribly uncomfortable silence, he says "Alright, I suppose I should come clean. Come with me."

He turns around and walks back into his room, leaving the door open for you.

Nervously, Charlie steps through the doorway and you follow along, gently closing the door behind you.

"Please, make yourselves at home, we have... quite a bit to discuss."

"You're damn right, we do." you furiously say under your breath.

Charlie glares at you for a brief moment, clearly angered at your words. You're not sure if Lucifer himself heard you, but a part of you hopes that he did.

You and Charlie sit down next to each other on the couch in the living room, while Lucifer sits on a reclining chair nearby.

He takes a moment to collect his thoughts.

"I know what it looks like I might be doing. Your friend here made it most apparent to me, before walking in." he says, before Charlie angrily looks at you again for a moment.

"I want to set things straight with you, so that there will be no further misunderstandings between us."

The demon overlord takes a deep breath, before adding "Originally, it was true. I did want to take over the hotel."

Charlie lets out a surprised gasp, but you saw this coming a mile away. You wish that you'd brought a pair of handcuffs with you.

And not the pink fuzzy ones that Angel has in his room.