Chapter Two

Lilith's p.o.v

For as long as I can remember I have been aware of my power. Whether that be a physical manifestation of magic, the name and wealth of my family or more recently my power as a female. Turning sixteen in the summer just solidified what I had already known. It is so easy to manipulate people especially men or in this case boys with your looks and feminine prowess. Like now I am looking at myself in the bathroom mirror. No surprise I snuck off as McGonagall takes the first years on a tour on Hogwarts. My lips form a perfect cupid bow, my eyes are feline in nature with ice blue centres. My natural hair would have been a dirty blonde but the blush pink is more, I don't know more me? I know how men view me, it is not hard to pick up on the social ques that come with being me. It is not vanity. It is simply knowing and understanding your power as a woman- we are oppressed in other factors why not enhance the one hold we can have over the male species? I honestly couldn't care less what people think of me unless I can use it. Shit I think I'm late to this ceremony I can hear awful singing.

Ruffling my hair once more I take one last look in the mirror- first impressions and all that right? My dark grey skirt is short, mid thigh. My legs covered in a sheer black tight that if you were to look closely as I bend over you'd see the lace stockings a clips holding them up. Leather boots and a grey cardigan. It isn't the best outfit I'll admit but at least it is better than that baby blue shit at Beauxbatons.

.

'Where the fuck is this Hall??' I probably should have listened on the tour, instead I follow the singing to two huge double doors. Oh fuck, well staying under the radar has never been my thing why change now?

I fling open the doors just as the music stops. Every single eye focuses on me as I pull my face into my natural unbothered, un phased pout. Then like a reflex the whispers begin.

'Isn't that a Goldfinch?? I heard she burnt down a dormitory whilst people were sleeping in there.'

'No Ronald, she set fire to the classroom after arguing with a teacher, people say she didn't even have her wand out.'

'No I'm sure I heard she stole a Beauxbatons Pegasus and flew over the building spilling hexes on the grounds.'

'Fred she sounds like she's our type of girl.'

'Can say that again Georgie boy!'

'I heard she just got caught smoking weed in the greenhouses.'

'Come on Harry, expulsion to the point no other school would take her on? It is a good job Dumbledore has a heart of gold.'

'I'll tell you one certain fact, she's so fucking cool.'

.

Lilith sat down at the front next to some first years, fear plastered across their faces. She hadn't even bothered to look at anyone on the walk to the front she gathered everyone was looking at her so why return the favour. Hold you head high they don't deserve a thing from you. The old professor introduced himself as Dumbledore Head Master, after the muttering Lilith's entrance caused had simmered down he begins the sorting of the houses.

Lilith's p.o.v

From what I've gathered, every house seems to cheer for everyone accept young wizards sorted into Slytherin. Slytherin cheers for no one. From the corner of my eye I see a young boy staring at me. I smirk and turn my head to face him pulling tongues at him violently. He squeals as his name is called to the hat. Definitely Hufflepuff. I was right of course. 

'And now finally we have a new fifth year student, Miss Lilith Medea Goldfinch. Please come dear the hat will sort you.' Professor Dumbledore seemed weary of me but gave me a warm smile none the less, suppose I can't expect much more they are judging me off what the Beauxbatons have said.