Chapter Seventeen

The dining room of the Goldfinch Manor was especially quiet tonight.

With the shutters drawn and the candles low, two figures were gathered around the dark wood table. Samael and and a man in chefs dress. They were both staring at something on the table. The chef was nearly the same colour as his uniform. Both men looked tormented.

A plump older woman bounced through the doors, Meryl. She took one look at the scene in front of her and collapsed.

A young man with a blood soaked face and a brown comb over was strapped to the table in nothing but his once white shirt and underpants. He was out cold for pain and exhaustion. Meryl was now a heap on the floor.

'W-What does it say s-sir?' The chef bravely spoke up to ask Samael Goldfinch.

Samael slid the piece of parchment out from underneath the two brown eyes that acted as paper weights.

'It is from Lilith

'It is from Lilith. She won't be returning for a while lets just say that.'

He turned to Meryl, still unconscious on the floor, and gave her a small kick.

'When she has awoken tell her to heal the boy and send the elves to clean up this mess.' His tone was stern, but still held a slight tremble. He knew this was not looking good for him. Lilith was gone, not to return to Hogwarts. He was without power. The sound of his hard heeled boots on the marble staircase was enough to tell he was running to check the atrium. If the snakes where gone it was true that Lilith was gone.

The chef ventured a closer look at young Cole and the note.

He could make out a few sentences from his current position he dared not move closer. The note was written in blood...

'Samael,

As you know I will not be returning to Hogwarts. Do not try to find me.

Oh and you can have your spy back. He was delicious fun.

Lil.'

'Meryl that girl is the devil.' Then he made the sign of the cross. Meryl was up and awake now and came over to the chefs side to comfort him.

'No dear, she is something much worse. She is Lilith.'

.

*Le temps de l'amour- Francoise Hardy on my Spotify playlist*

Lilith's p.o.v

I apparated into the thin ally that boarders my Parisian apartment. The air smelt different, like coffee and pastries. It felt so good to be here.

I stepped out of the ally and bumped into a tall lean figure straight away. He looked shocked to see me given I was wearing a nightgown speckled with blood and a pair of boots. His arms were locked around mine to keep me up. He actually looked concerned for me. Charming.