Chapter 1

[English Royal Court 1557]

Nickolas Tudor and his friends were in the small chaple that was in the castle. He was knealing before a golden cross for morning mass when he heared foot steps running down the halls of the castle.

 He was knealing before a golden cross for morning mass when he heared foot steps running down the halls of the castle

Nickolas quickly raised his hand up to his forehead and then moved his hand to his right shoulder and then his left.

He stood up finishing his prayer and stepped out of the small chapel with his friends following him When he walked out into the hall he was met by his aunt Elizabeth who looked at him with a smile.

"Nicky there you are." She said and kissed his cheek. Nickolas cringed and wiped his cheek as his gentlemen in waiting tryed to stop themselves from laughing or giggling.

"Auntie I'm getting to old for that." Nickolas stated but Elizabeth shook her head no.

"You will always be my little spoiler, no matter how old you get." Elizabeth explained and took his hand in hers. She then lead him down to hall as she grabbed the hem of her skirt. "Now, come your mother and father have news to share." Elizabeth said, making Nickolas looked at his aunt as his Gentlemen In Waiting looked at each other confused.

"Is it good news or bad news?" Nickolas asked curiously.

"I don't know, all they said was that you had to be there when they make the announcement." Elizabeth said as they turned the corner to the corridor. The double doors then open to the dining hall where Queen Mary was helping servants aline the crystal chandelier.

"A little to the left." Mary said looking up at the servants. They moved it to the left like the Queen said but she soon shook her head. "No, to far." Mary said. "Try bringing it down just a tiny bit, there perfect." She added with a smile.

"Mother." Nickolas said walking over to his mother. The Queen smiled to see her son.

"Nickolas my love." She said hugging him tightly. Nickolas's Gentalmen In Waiting stood by Elizabeth who sat in a near by chair. She smiled happily at her sister and nephew.

Soon King Philip entered the room making all the servants stop and bow to him as he held his hand out to his wife. Elizabeth stood up from her seat. The three boys bowed to Philip as Elizabeth curtsied to her brother-in-law. Mary placed her hand in Philip's and he brought it up to his lips and kissed her hand.

"Is something wrong father?" Nickolas asked as the servants continued to with thier work.

"No, nothing is wrong my boy." Philip said as he ruffled Nickolas's hair. "You remember your grandfather the Holy Roman Emperor?" Philip asked, as Nickolas nodded waiting for him to continue. "Well your grandfather has appointed you as his successor, you are going to become the most powerful man in Europe one day." Philip said happy as can be. Mary smiled and hugged her husband but Nickolas looked as though he was about to be sick. He looked over at his friends who seemed happy for him but he then looked at his father.