Chapter 3

[The Scottish Boarder]

A young boy was at the water well getting water into the bucket when a man in armour approached the young boy.

"We've no quarrel with the English. We're just farmers, but you're welcome to share our breakfast." The Scottish boy offered. The English solider smiled at the boy.

"You're gonna need a lot more eggs." The solider said. The Scottish boy looked around and saw many more English troops marched and riding horses. He then dropped his bucket of water and started running away as fast as he could.

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

[French Court]

Catherine was walking into Nostradamus's chambers as he was fixing up a concoction of herbs.

"These will help you sleep but take a few at night not every night only a few." Nostradamus said making Cathrine nod her head in understanding. But soon Nostradamus started looking off into space and Cathrine grabbed his arm worried.

"Nostradamus?" Catherine asked. "What is it? What are you seeing?" The Queen asked seeing how worried Nostradamus face was.

"War." Nostradamus said seeing a mans bloody short, and hearing swords clashing. "And the cost of war." He added.

"Where." Cathrine asked anxiously.

"I don't know, but wherever it is, it will reach inside this castle." Nostradamus answer.

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

Nickolas was with his Gentalmen In Waiting walking in the gardens before thier departure back to England. They then stopped when they saw Mary talking and laughing with her Ladies.

"What do you suppose they're talking about?" Wyatt asked.

"Probably girly things like, what's their favorite dress to wear or maybe who they'll fall in love with." Brandon comented, making Nickolas chuckled slightly.

"Well, my cousin certainly likes to live in the land of rainbows and sunshine." Nickolas added as a servant approach the English Prince.

"Your Highness." She said and handed him a letter. She then curtsied and rushed to Mary and her Laides.

"What is it Nick?" Thomas asked looking over Nickolas's shoulder.

"It's a note from the captain of our ship." Nickolas said. He then looked at his friends. "He says the weather by the coastline isn't safe for traveling. He suspects in a few days the weather will clear up." Nickolas said.

"So were stuck, in France?" Wyatt asked in a whining tone.

"It appears so my friend." Nickolas said patting Wyatt's shoulder. "But there are plenty of things to do while we wait here at court." Nickolas added.

⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜⚜

After hearing about her uncle Claude De Guise being in France Mary walked into her room with her uncle behind her. He then pulled out a letter for his Queen.

"You look well Mary." Claude said with a bow. "Your mother sends her affection." He said. Mary took it and was about ot break the seal but her uncle stopped her. "Read it later." He said sternly. "You may assure her love is in there but so is a the news of a crisis in Scotland." He added.