26. From Alois with love

1. In the near picturesque water world of Purgatoria, Dan had returned with a mission in mind. The conflict between the feuding clans of the Dusk and Dawn had been going on for long enough. It seemed like petty fighting between children with less than a week before Blood Moon Day. Their squabbles had already gotten Dan arrested in the Human world for a framed bank robbery, yet in person, he had managed to maintain a civil tie to both the warring clans. He had little idea of their own separate plans to end their little feud. He headed through the main town as a man on a mission.

 He knew that the Dusk lair was by the cliffs on the southeast coast, while the Dawn lair was located between the forested Mount Virgil and the near-impregnable Fort Terry. He decided that he would have to visit each of the lairs individually without guests from the other faction so as to avoid a potential skirmish in the forest. It was all part of a plan that Dan had in mind, to ease the conflict between the Dusk and Dawn so they can ally together and emerge victorious on Blood Moon Day without resorting to the senseless murdering of each other in the process.

2. Below the wastelands of Hell, Alois Kelmer had established a secret base for his Nazi followers after the destruction of the Dark Council Lair. He still had the unwavering loyalty of Hell's Nazi party and most of the high ranking officials in the party, but Babrius and the Temple guards were hot on his trail, in search of Pandora's box, stolen by Alois to procure the power of the Last Terror. Kelmer now sat a meeting in a spare open chamber among the vast underground networks of tunnels and sewer lines across the city. the flicker of fluorescent tube lighting filled the room as Alois spoke.

"now that the box is in our possession, we must ensure its stays as such. Friends, Blood Moon Day is almost upon us. While the end for many may seem near, we have our new revenge weapon, and with it, we shall dominate all the realms" Alois was joined by nods of slight optimism in the midst of his current situation. Kelmer had made it clear that if he was truly going to die again, he would not be huddled up in a dank feculent bunker like the last Fuhrer before him driven to the end by sheer manic behavior. The meeting was cut short by the sounds of shouting and rapid gunfire, followed by the scent of smoke emanating from down the tunnel. Alois still kept the box inside his trench coat and walked out of the smaller chamber into the open tunnel to find several animal headed guards from the Osiris Temple and Babrius the dragon holding one of Kelmer's men in his claws.

"Alois, so good to see you again. I believe you have something that belongs to us, so hand it over now and you will all be spared a most gruesome fate" Babrius proposed to the Nazis

"this power does not belong to anyone, not even you" Alois jerked to the dragon.

"it doesn't belong to you either. Whatever game you're playing will be in vain. I will have the box, even if I have to tear you limb from limb to get it" Babrius threatened the smaller demons. A brief standoff ensued between the sworn enemies, spears against guns plus a dragon for good measure. Then the first shot of a pistol slammed into one of the Temple guards, beginning the fight for the box.

3. Dan's travels across the island of Purgatoria had been in vain. Neither the Dawn nor the Dusk were willing to attempt anything resembling a truce or armistice between their factions. It would seem that the conflict was to continue. The Dawn saw the Dusk as traitorous monsters of darkness no better than the worst demons in all of Hell. The Dusk saw the Dawn as a repressive symbol of authority that wanted to purge Purgatoria of anything unique. Both sides let Dan off easy, and as he stumbled through the East Forest, a dastardly plan came to his mind. If brokering a peace deal or talking would do nothing to ease the civil infighting in the realm, Dan took the law into his own hands.