30. Blood Moon Day part two

1. The battle continued to rage across the desert sands of Babylon. God was dead, struck down by his former confidant, who was now proclaiming an early victory as the new ruler of Heaven, embodied with the power of the former and attaining his glistening white throne. They sat on the throne overlooking the Earth below, overshadowed by the eclipse of Blood Moon Day. Elodie had completed the first phase of their diabolical plan to conquer the universe and all of existence: getting rid of the previous administration by murdering their former comrades. The new powers of God made Elodie virtually omnipotent and omniscient, and yet they were still mortal for the duration of Blood Moon Day.

"well, I can't stay up here forever" Elodie got off their high throne and walked out of the Heaven portal to the Sea of Tranquillity on the moon, where the Tower of Babel made the journey back to Earth a pleasant stroll through space. The rules of mortality for creatures of the four realms on Blood Moon Day said they were mortal to physical attack and could easily be killed by enemy fire during the final battle. They did not say anything about asphyxiation in the airless void of space. Elodie walked back down to the bottom of the Tower, where thousands upon thousands of human soldiers, angels, Purgatorians and demons were fighting each other for the fate of everything. 

Elodie's golden armor now glowed even brighter as they took their conjured golden spear and proceeded to the task of slicing and dicing the competition. Not far away, Monsieur Homard was irradiating a beam of energy from his glowing head, already recombined with his body to give him new power. Unfortunately for him, his glowing head was no match for hidden sniper fire that made his head glow no more. On the barren dunes laced with blood and twisted metal, the dark lord himself Satan was duelling Dante for honor and the hand of Beatrice. Several bouts resulted in fireballs and hacks of the double handed sword whenever the two collided. Beatrice appeared to have vanished from view.

"she's mine, Satan. And without her, you are powerless, just makes you all the easier to kill" Dante swung his sword, drawing a scratch of blood across Satan's white chest that seemingly melted into his red attire. Beatrice's unfaithful ex fiancé grew even more fanatical in his attempts to slay the reputed beast of evil. Both he and Satan slipped on the loose sand of the desert, only making the fighting between them even more difficult.

"I thought you were better than this Dante. You were meant to be Beatrice's savior" Satan grabbed Dante's sword and repelled him away onto his back.

"and I thought you had no soul. You are Satan for God's sake, you are the embodiment of evil, you have no heart, you have no spirit, you are a beast. Where is this compassion coming from?" Dante charged back to Satan, who managed to rip off Dante's gray helmet, revealing his face and light brown hair. Dante swung up the sand with his sword, causing Satan to tumble to the ground across the dunes at the receiving end of Dante's foot.

"I should have killed you when I had the chance" Dante edged his sword over the downed Satan, before he felt two sharp objects slam into his neck, making him bleed involuntarily. Beatrice had emerged from her cover to save Satan as Dante lay on the floor dying.

"you saved me" Satan looked up to Beatrice.

"looked like you needed it" Beatrice came over to Satan and helped him up as more angels hurdled towards them in a flood.

2. Lucifer was hurling fire in massive waves that came into contact with the energy waves of Dan and other Purgatorians on the battlefield. They were both converging on the heavily contested base of the Tower of Babel, shelled and fired upon by the advancing armies. One side would usually hold the position before being decimated by an incoming force, only for the cycle to begin anew. Dan and Lucifer finally met at the bottom of the Tower.