You Get Jealous!

You were on your way to the Great Hall to meet Cedric for lunch, feeling eager to see the boy again. It was nice out, and the rain had finally stopped. You were going to ask him if he'd like to take a walk. You were even considering finally telling him how you felt! The two of you had grown particularly close over the past month. You'd liked him since your first year... but only recently have your feelings been strong enough to consider it having a crush. You were starting to feel confident that he might feel the same.

You entered the Great Hall. Platters of sandwiches and large pots of soup were available for lunch, displayed on each table neatly. It wasn't that crowded, actually. You saw Harry and his friends at the Gryffindor table, the Twins were flirting up a storm with a Ravenclaw, and Cedric was talking to Cho, laughing about something. You tended up, seeing how she brushed her hair behind her while she spoke to him. You hesitated, knowing Cho was very well liked by most of the male students attending the school. You'd even heard a couple of girls were infatuated with her, too. If she had her eye on Cedric, there was no way you could compete. You began to feel what little confidence you had shrink, and you decided it probably would be best not to disturb them. You'd always been timid in romantic situations. You tended to step out of the way of another girl had feelings for a guy you liked... however in doing so, you always stepped into your own way. Knowing that still didn't stop you from looking at the floor when Cedric noticed you. You were unable to see the grin on his face because of this.

You took a breath and quickly turned around to leave, scurrying out of the mess hall. You needed fresh air while you tried to figure out what you were going to do about Cedric.
You were at the threshold of the school when you felt yourself get jerked to a stop. You felt a hand on your shoulder, and you turned to see who it belonged to.
"Cedric? What are you doing?" You looked at him in shock.
"I could ask you the same thing," he said, releasing your shoulder. "I thought we were having lunch together." He looked disappointed, and confused. You bit your lip and tried to think of an excuse, but being the honest Hufflepuff you were, you couldn't lie. "You were in the middle of a conversation. I didn't want to intrude," you said softly, earning a soft gaze. He didn't respond, so you said, "She's really pretty by the way— Cho." You forced a gentle smile. Cedric's lips curled into a smile, "I suppose." You suppose?? It didn't matter. Who could ever figure out what was going on in the mind of Cedric Diggory? You nodded at him, "Anyway, you should go on. Don't worry about me. You can go back and talk to her if you'd like." Cedric shook his head and took a step forward, getting closer. He glanced at the floor, then to you. He spoke softly, "I still intend to spend lunch hour with you. So if you don't mind, I'll be accompanying you." Your heart skipped a beat as you looked up at him, and he continued staring down at you from his height of 6 foot 1. You bit your bottom lip, trying to keep the goofy grin that was about to plaster itself to your face.
"I'd like that very much..." you told him, then started walking. He trailed behind you for a moment, and you weren't sure if it was just your imagination playing tricks on your hopeful heart... but you could have sworn you heard him whisper
"She's not prettier than you."